USDA Prime beef, it's what's for dinner...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I try to keep my expenses reasonable, which is why I don't go to restaurants for prime steak. I can cook it at home and enjoy just as much, and I can afford to eat prime steak from time to time.

I got some thick cut USDA prime ribeyes at Costco, and grilled one up tonight.

The prep was nothing more than fine sea salt and fresh ground pepper. I went major league hot on the 18-inch OTS, and finished on the "cool" side to a nice medium rare.

Worth every penny!

picture.php

picture.php

CD

Nice looking steak!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

YOUZA!!! Looking good!
We had steak tonight too, but it wasn't Prime.

Fark, now I'm craving steak, and I'm soooooo full.

You have a fridge full of meat to eat before the wife gets home. You can't be buying any more. :becky:

CD

YOUZA!!! Looking good!
We had steak tonight too, but it wasn't Prime.

USDA Prime is not a regular menu item for me, but I figure what I ate tonight would have cost me at least twice as much, and probably closer to three times as much, at a prime steakhouse.

I had a glass of vintage Porto after dinner. That would have been another ten bucks at a steakhouse.

It's important to splurge from time-to-time.

CD

You have a fridge full of meat to eat before the wife gets home. You can't be buying any more. :becky:

CD

Oh, we made a HUGE dent today. Finished the last of the cooked salmon, along with the rest of the chicken thighs and all but 2" of tenderloin that I'll have for breakfast tomorrow. Have the rest of the salmon curing to be smoked tomorrow for breakfasts, steaks will be eaten, along with the burgers tomorrow, then tenderloin on Monday and Tuesday. It looks like I should be heading back to the store before she even gets back! :becky:

USDA Prime is not a regular menu item for me, but I figure what I ate tonight would have cost me at least twice as much, and probably closer to three times as much, at a prime steakhouse.

I had a glass of vintage Porto after dinner. That would have been another ten bucks at a steakhouse.

It's important to splurge from time-to-time.

CD

Looks great.

We just had some Waygu last night. Came home and had some port as well.

Very nice! We do prime at home on occasion as well. Steakhouses just can't match it for the ost.

Back