BBQ Ambassadors wanted, earn $15K!

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
http://trybetargeting.com/Team-Recruiting

Here’s your opportunity to become part of our All-Star BBQ team!
Get paid to do what you love – cook & serve great BBQ!

We are looking for BBQ Team Ambassadors for Garland Jack’s Secret Six Barbecue Sauce and / or Bull’s-Eye BBQ Sauce.
Here is a synopsis of the program:
Our BBQ Team Ambassadors are more than just BBQ professionals. They combine their love of great BBQ with their love of their community. BBQ teams will provide demonstrations and product samplings at retail stores and community events in their local area.
Want to become a local branded BBQ Ambassador?
We are looking for Teams in the following cities:
Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, Dallas, Jackson (MS), Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle.
Requirements:
Minimum 2-person team
Transportation and professional / competition BBQ set-up (smoker)
Possess proper equipment to hot food holding at proper temperatures
Product storage capability a plus!
Ability to conduct professional, fun retail & festival samplings & demonstrations
Ability to conduct radio promotions (and a great BBQ personality!)
Availability to demo at 25 activation events from March 1 – July 15
Availability on weekends / weekdays for fixed schedule with some flexibility
Availability to travel for paid training in February
Love of great BBQ
What’s in it for you?
$15,000 for 25 activation event days from March 1 – July 15
All supplies, materials & expenses covered
Paid training
Raising the profile of your BBQ Team and preparing great BBQ for your community.
To Apply:
Submit picture / video of team & your professional / competition day BBQ setup
Submit any team promotional materials
Deadline for Submission:
Monday, January 16, 2012 12PM CST
Send all submissions to:
troyb@trybetargeting.com

California is a big state. North and South are covered but not the Central Valley. Maybe sometime in the future.

I seen that earlier today. I just wish there was an area closer than 4 hours away from me.

I'd be embarrassed to say how many 2-3 day BBQ contests I've competed in and come away with less than that.

Events are per day. ie 25 events equates to 25 days. That is 600 per day/event. Sharon and I did it last year in the DFW area and I now have a new to me Forest River 18 foot toy hauler for competition. This is probably the easiest money to be made in bbq. You need to be able to cook good pulled pork, have a good line of bull stuff and the normal competition setup. We will be involved again this year and look forward to it. You may have to put up with me as a trainer.:p

Some other information for thoes considering this. There are no out of pocket expenses for the team. They cover all reasonable and customary expenses to include milage at the allowable IRS rate. They cover ice purchases at the site and other items used. Rub is at cost. If you use your own rub, come up with an actual cost to produce and expense it. Pellets, charcoal, propane, etc. are covered at actural cost.

Expense are paid weekly upon receipt of an itemized list and receipts. I scanned in the receipts, used an excel sheet and sent it in weekly via email. ABSOLUTLY no issues. The office staff is easy to deal with and very pleasant.

Activation fees are paid via ACH transfer weekly on Monday.

The activation fees are pure profit as all expenses are reimbursed. But I would add the caviat, don't mess it up for the rest of us by being greedy or somewhat dishonest. We know where you cook :twisted:

Forgot to add. DALLAS is closed, it's mine:twisted:

Questions will be answered either here are via pm.

Last edited:
My understanding is that it's Thursday/Friday/Saturday, one or two days a week, but with 25 events in 20 weeks you will be "working" every week. Is that correct? It sounds great, but I'm not sure if I can guarentee to be available every weekend between March and July. Am I missing something? Also, it would appear that you could cook your meat off site and and show up to hand out samples, as long as you follow food safety guidelines. Can you comment? How long does each event last on site?

Oh yeah, and don't forget about taxes!

Thanks,

dmp

One more thing I forgot to ask: For the Thursday/Friday events, what time can you show up and start handing out samples?

Typically, it was an 11 to 4 steck. I would cook, at my convenience, a case of pork butt at home on my smoker, pull, vacuum seal in 5 pound bags and freeze. Day prior to event, pull necessary amount from freezer and place in refer. Day of event, prior to leaving home would place 1 bag in a pot of boiling water and transport in cooler. At event, place in 1/2 pan with apple juice, place on smoker while setting up and then place in a buffet server to keep hot. Additional protein, as needed would use a propane burner and boiling water or just place in pan and place on smoker. Depended on actual needs.

Used 10 to 15 pounds per activation day.

Case of pork butt is 65 to 70 pounds with a yield of 35 to 40 pounds.

Have not received the 1099 yet but it was all run through my business account and my accountant will deal with it. Since I expense most of my bbq things as a part of my Tea Room & Cafe, taxes will be minimal.

Some weeks, I did one in the middle and some weeks there was a Sat/Sun and there were several 3 day events.

They are still finalizing the schedule but will work with you to have as little impact as possible. My only request was a work-around the Sam's evet in Dallas.

Back