Restaurant

rowdycowboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have open small place just thru lunch and wanted get some feedback. Small town but been doing pork sand. Two sides and drink $7 and brisket two sides drink $8 that is including taxes. Bout 6 oz portions. Is that ballpark for small town prices? Also wanting do ribs was going do 3 bones, two sides and drink was thinkIng $8

It would be too low for me but figure your food cost and multiply x4 and see if that is close to your current pricing.

I have a restaurant in a town of 2500. It is a bedroom community and I am open 11am-9pm, Thursday-Sunday. I charge $6.50 for a sandwich on a 4" bun and 1 side. I have one size for a drinks and charge $1.75. Sandwich, side, drink and tax comes to $8.83. If you are making a product that is better than anything in town you should be able to get more than what you are charging. The other thing is what is the other competition in town.

The other thing I'd like to note is many people don't want 2 sides with a sandwich, that's way too much food, especially for lunch, unless they are little thimbles.

If you can run a bbq restaurant at 25% food cost you are gonna make good money. I will tell you that its not possible with ribs. Possibly pork, brisket might make your prices go up a litlle too high. Example, 15lb brisket gets gets about 7 usuable lbs of meat. if you pay 2.40 per pound for brisket you are now at 4.90 per pound if you give 1/3 pound sandwich, just your meat cost is 1.62. If you multiply that by 4 you are at 6.48 for just the meat on the sandwich, take a .30 cent roll times by four add that on top, etc etc etc. See where I am going.

Back