What I did today...a few pics

SteveT

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Haven't posted anything for a while...

Thought I would try another pork shoulder today, and as my son can't eat pork, also a tri-tip. Put them on at 10AM. pulled them at 6:30PM. Kept the Charbroil "Silver" at about 260 degrees all day, used some hickory for smoke.
The shoulder fell apart as I picked it up out of the smoker, and I couldn't even cut the tri-tip with a sharp knife, as it just fell apart...

SteveT

Attachments

• tri-tip-small.jpg
    tri-tip-small.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 464
  • cut tri-tip-small.jpg
    cut tri-tip-small.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 465
  • pulled pork-small.jpg
    pulled pork-small.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 458
Not ANOTHER cooking a tri tip like a brisket cook....

Hmmm...looks pretty good to me.

Hey you are killing me... how was the tri-tip slow cooked? I have always cooked it like a steak.....until tonight when I kinda forgot about it.

Hey you are killing me... how was the tri-tip slow cooked? I have always cooked it like a steak.....until tonight when I kinda forgot about it.

I just put a little rub on it, then put the pork shoulder in the middle of the smoker, and the tri-tip at the far end away from the coals..turned them both after about six hours, them just left them alone...

And thanks for all the kind words guys!!

SteveT

You know it DOES have the fat content to be doer lo & slo... It's a wonder how we don't see this more often! Great stuff Steve! :thumb: Looks moighty foine!

Cheers

I need to get over my fear of sacrificing a Tri-Tip. That looks amazing.

You know it DOES have the fat content to be doer lo & slo... It's a wonder how we don't see this more often! Great stuff Steve! :thumb: Looks moighty foine!

Cheers

Yeah, in fact the tri-tip I bought had a pretty decent fat cap on the bottom (Lucky grocery stores version of trimmed...the fat was on the bottom where you can't see it)....so, when I put it on, I left the fat up when I first put it in...

SteveT

Hey Steve,

Did you happen to notice the temp of your LOW AND SLOW tri tip before you pulled it?

We have some Brothers that cook for a living and may want to add this to their menus...right underneath "Eating Crow" on their menus.:rolleyes:

Hey Steve,

Did you happen to notice the temp of your LOW AND SLOW tri tip before you pulled it?

We have some Brothers that cook for a living and may want to add this to their menus...right underneath "Eating Crow" on their menus.:rolleyes:

Sorry, I just pulled it when I pulled the pork shoulder, but as it was sitting in the smoker for 8.5 hours at the far end of the smoker...I figured it was done

SteveT

Steve, that do look good. We don't have tri-tip around here, but I sure would like to try one if i ever run across one.

OTOH, the LGS has baby backs on sale for $1.98/LB. so I'll do a couple racks of those this week.

Chuck

Steve, that do look good. We don't have tri-tip around here, but I sure would like to try one if i ever run across one.

OTOH, the LGS has baby backs on sale for $1.98/LB. so I'll do a couple racks of those this week.

Chuck

Yeah..it's funny what different areas do and don't have. It's like the pork tenderloin sandwiches they have in the midwest....they don't have them out here, and nobody except folks from the midwest that have moved out here even know what they are...and I love/miss them...

SteveT

It looks delicious. One question, are you sure that was tri-tip? It almost looks like part of a brisket...maybe part of the point?

Really...the only thing that really matters is...did your son like it???

I woulda tore it up myself!!!

Back