The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Comp Class Recommendation (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87574)

Bbq Bubba 06-30-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty3777 (Post 1324405)
Will the Michigan class be Fri/Sat?

Sat/Sun.

monty3777 06-30-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 1324611)
Sat/Sun.

Crap. That's me out :doh:

pat 06-30-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty3777 (Post 1324782)
Crap. That's me out :doh:

We don't need you taking his class anyway Nate :becky:

Butcher BBQ 06-30-2010 03:31 PM

Sorry folks for the slow responses we lost complete internet for about 16 hours. All the questions have been answered. November is the month I was speaking about and Sat-Sun for both classes.

We have our site up for the AZ registration and Todd is on vacation with the family and when he gets back in town he will get the other link up and working.

As far as if you cook on a stick or pellet to make your decision on which class to take is a great point but wouldn't you also like to see what flavors are winning and the process it takes to get there even if you don't use the same style of pit.

JohnJ 06-30-2010 04:07 PM

@Butcher BBQ,

Would you please post the link to the AZ registration? Checked your profile and googled, found a link, but didn't find a link for classes/registration.

Thanks a bunch!

John

Candy Sue 06-30-2010 04:09 PM

Trust the Butcher!

I went to the class in Tulsa -- I've been getting a call at every contest this year, but the contest after the class, I got a call in every category and 1st in brisket. I didn't change my recipes...just tweeked some stuff.

Good class, I learned alot and what a treat to taste Plowboy and Butcher meats! I think it put the fire back in my smoke, or vice versa.

Butcher BBQ 06-30-2010 04:44 PM

AZ class is https://www.poweredbyu.com/fucius/re...ode=1SK7E428TB

monty3777 06-30-2010 04:51 PM

Hey David (Butcher's) - why don't I send you the $500 and you and Todd can give me your cell numbers. I promise to limit my calls to an hour and I'll never call after 11 pm (except during comps - then I'll probably call all night). :heh::thumb:

Ron_L 06-30-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty3777 (Post 1324900)
Hey David (Butcher's) - why don't I send you the $500 and you and Todd can give me your cell numbers. I promise to limit my calls to an hour and I'll never call after 11 pm (except during comps - then I'll probably call all night). :heh::thumb:

I'll send you my cell number for $450... :becky:

monty3777 06-30-2010 05:59 PM

I forgot to add Scottie's class to the mix for folks who cook on an FEC. I'm still sending him PMs about timing etc. Good stuff!

Butcher BBQ 06-30-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty3777 (Post 1324900)

For $500 do I have breath funny or did you want to talk about insects. :becky:

Ford 06-30-2010 08:08 PM

There are a lot of great classes if you are an experienced cook. I'd recommend Lotta Bull, Trig and Pellet Envy first. Then there's a lot of other good classes mentioned in this thread. If you have less than 10 comps under your belt and are still trying to understand comp BBQ I think that Dr BBQ is tops in explaining how meats cook. There are others that I probably should mention but the ice in my drink is melting and calling me.

Any class from a proven winner is a big help. And you can also volunteer to work with a team and get some pointers. A lot have done that with me here in MI and had success. Even some south of the Mason Dixon line.

And there are 2 seasons in MI btw from May to October and heck the rest of the time as my water lines freeze. But it's lovely in summer up in the land of 2 peninsulas. Just go south come the first of November.

Scottie 06-30-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty3777 (Post 1324946)
I forgot to add Scottie's class to the mix for folks who cook on an FEC. I'm still sending him PMs about timing etc. Good stuff!

I enjoy those PM's Nate. Means you're thinking and that means understanding. Keep them coming.

And while I have nothing official. I have had a few folks volunteer for my next cooking class (if any). I have had a few top teams step up to volunteer as guest instructors i am sure a lot of teams will be excited to hear who wants to step up to help fight cancer and hopefullly learn something new on how to prepare and compete at a top level.

Butcher BBQ 06-30-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1325087)
I enjoy those PM's Nate. Means you're thinking and that means understanding. Keep them coming.

And while I have nothing official. I have had a few folks volunteer for my next cooking class (if any). I have had a few top teams step up to volunteer as guest instructors i am sure a lot of teams will be excited to hear who wants to step up to help fight cancer and hopefullly learn something new on how to prepare and compete at a top level.

Very well said and I bet many people are awaiting those dates also.

Bones 06-30-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonto1117 (Post 1324368)
And only two seasons as well.:becky:

Would those be winter and construcion seasons?