• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

SLC x3. 3-2-1 Eat! (pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey All, My folks made the trip down to see us yesterday. Mom came to see her grand daughter. And Dad....well, were not sure if it was the grand daughter or the ribs.

Picked up a three pack of ribs from Costco on Monday. And some pork belly for making bacon. But that's a different thread.
Used my 24"x48" offset with a blend of Hickory and mesquite as usual, and ran at about 250* on a 3-2-1 cook. That's what I prefer for pork ribs. I prepped 2 of the racks with a rub that I usually use for pork, and the third I just used salt and pepper.

In the wrap I use brown sugar, honey and butter. I do spritz with AJ and I do Keep a bowl of water in my pit when doing ribs. In the last hour unwrapped I shake on some more rub, spritz it, then paint on some sauce spritz it again and shut the dang lid.

I also made cornbread and beans on the cooker as well. The beans are just a mod on ranch style brand beans.

Now with all that out of the way. Pics!

slc1.jpg

slc2.jpg

slc3.jpg

slc4.jpg

slc5.jpg

slc6.jpg

slc7.jpg

slc8.jpg
Yes that is real butter. And no, I don't run into problems with it.

slc9.jpg

slc10.jpg

slc11.jpg

slc12.jpg

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoyed. Happy cooking everyone!

Leftovers

We had plenty of leftovers from this cook and the folks next door are big fans of the BBQ over here. So we had them over for dinner tonight. I had the left over ribs in vac sealed bags so I brought a pot of water up to a rolling boil and the turned off the heat and dropped in the ribs. Let them sit for about 35min. They came out good enough this second round that I snapped a couple of photos. So bear with me. I know this cooks thread is too long already. sorry

left1.jpg

left2.jpg

left3.jpg

left4.jpg

No one in my community here appreciates the art of Q. So thanks for bearing with me.

Back