• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked Bologna

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Giving this a try this weekend -

Any type of Bologna I should by or just get a chunk/chub of bologna from the local grocery store

Thank you

Any will do. I like Kretschmar, when I can find it. Boars head is good too. I have been known to use BAR S, which is about as cheap as you can get. Still turns out good.

I only have access to Bar S. I'd love to try a better brand.

I buy 3 or 5lb chubs. Either score, season and smoke...

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60224&highlight=smoked+bologna+cowgirl

DVuA3jJ.jpg

or filet, stuff, roll, wrap in bacon then smoke.

qO2pOOE.jpg

LTd0ukG.jpg

West, TX

Chezk (sp) Stop ring bologna

Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd

Toast- that’s a classic meme, freakin classic

I only have access to Bar S. I'd love to try a better brand.

I buy 3 or 5lb chubs. Either score, season and smoke...

or filet, stuff, roll, wrap in bacon then smoke.

Same problem here. I do find a good deal on the good stuff once in a while. Check the deli counter, instead of where they have the lunch meat. They generally have better stuff there, but it is more expensive.

Same problem here. I do find a good deal on the good stuff once in a while. Check the deli counter, instead of where they have the lunch meat. They generally have better stuff there, but it is more expensive.

Great idea, I'll check. Thanks Josh!

Giving this a try this weekend -

Any type of Bologna I should by or just get a chunk/chub of bologna from the local grocery store

Thank you

Original SPAM, unless you’re on a sodium reduction plan. If so, never mind

I prefer double smoking Berks Garlic ring bologna. Judging by the pics i am assuming this is not the type of bologna being discussed.

Tip: I find a lot of ring bologna brands to be a bit too soft in texture. I poke a few holes in the casing to allow moisture to drip out, this gives it a "meatier" texture. Just don't smoke too hot or you'll cook all the fat out. Keep the IT below 140F.

Bar S is the bottom of the barrel, I know, I’ve smoked a ton of it for my old man, but if you have access buy Wunderbar.... It’s literally the the prime rib of bologna...

......................., but if you have access buy Wunderbar.... It’s literally the the prime rib of bologna...

Where does one find that brand? We get to the Tulsa area frequently.

I like Purnell's old fashioned bologna but it is hard to find in my area even though it's made in KY. I usually buy Heritage Farm which is Kroger brand.

Attachments

• 20181021_142655.jpg
    20181021_142655.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 315
I like to perforate the 3lb chub with a skewer and then soak in beer for a couple days. I think it adds a nice flavor. Then smoke a few hours at 225*. Slice a nice hunk off and throw it on the grill or in a cast iron pan. Damn, my mouth is watering!

anyone have a good cajun rub they might suggest for the bologna?

Back