The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Official 2010 Jack Draw Results (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91669)

Sledneck 09-03-2010 04:17 PM

Official 2010 Jack Draw Results

AUTOMATICS

I-Que Hopkinton, MA 2009 Jack Daniel’s
Yazoo’s Delta Q Nesbit, MS Memphis in May
Drillin’ & Grillin’ BBQ Team Houston, TX HLS&R Barbecue
Boondoggle BBQ Lee’s Summit, MO 2009 American Royal Open

Pellet Envy Leawood, KS Seven Wins
QUAU Brimfield, IL Seven Wins
Rhythm ‘n QUE Phoenix, AZ Seven Wins
Slap Yo’ Daddy BBQ Diamond Bar, CA Seven Wins

Squeal On U BBQ Fairbanks, AK AK State Winner
Smokin’ Hot Grillfriends Kalispell, MT ID State Winner
I Smell Smoke!!! Malden, MA ME State Winner
LAKESIDE SMOKERS Methuen, MA CT State Winner
UPNSMOKIN Florence, MT MT State Winner
Lo’-N-Slo’ BBQ New Providence, PA NH State Winner
Sweet Peppers Albuquerque, NM NV State Winner
Smoke’um & Stroke’um Burnet, TX NM State Winner
TippyCanoe BBQ Crew St. Ansgar, IA UT State Winner
Feeding Friendz Deerfield, NH VT State Winner
Hambones by the Fire Yorktown, VA WV State Winner
2 Lil’ Macs BBQ Broomfield, CO WY State Winner

CONTEST STATE TEAM NAME
AL Uncle Chets BBQ
AR Habitual Smokers
AZ McFrankenboo Barbeque
CA Smitty's Smoke Patrol
CO Wolfy and the Hog Heaters
DE Black Cat BBQ
FL Everglades Seasoning BBQ Team
GA The Ross Team
IA Swine Assassins
IL Big T's Q Cru
IN Rib & Bibs
KS Little Pig Town
KY The Long Dawgs
LA Smokin Lipps
MD Cool Smoke
MI Extreme Roasters
MN Shiggin & Grinnin
MO Munchin Hog's @ the Hilton
MS River City Rub
NC Learn2Q.com
NE Spitfire
NJ Pig Pen BBQ
NY Out of the Ashes
OH Smoke'n Ice
OK Kosmo's Q
OR Left Hand Smoke
PA Big Ugly's BBQ
SC Divine Smoke
SD Parrothead Smokers
TN Lotta Bull BBQ
TX I Fish Too
VA The BBQ Guru
WA Smoke A Fat One BBQ
WI Freeman Brothers BBQ

WILD CARD Smoke on Wheels

HOME STATE REP Meat @ Slims

pfreeman198 09-03-2010 04:22 PM

Slednek, not trying to question your information but are you 100% sure. The reason i ask is that I am half od Freeman Brothers BBQ and i hope to god these are correct.

Pete

Sledneck 09-03-2010 04:25 PM

They are correct, I swear

Black Cat BBQ 09-03-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledneck (Post 1390393)

SERIOUSLY??? :clap2::clap2::clap2: OMG.

Meat@Slim's 09-03-2010 04:30 PM

How are we home state rep?

Jeff Selle 09-03-2010 04:33 PM

This so rocks they honored Slap yo' Daddy's seven GCs ... dgassaways, Smoking Hot Grill Friends are going for Idaho and and Left Hand Smoke is going for Oregon awesome... this is going to be a blast!!!

Sledneck 09-03-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat@Slim's (Post 1390395)
How are we home state rep?

Every state has to have a home team. Ique won both MA contests but he had an auto already

Smokesman 09-03-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledneck (Post 1390393)

Sled - I can't for the life of me find the official list online from the JD people - where did you find it?

Black Cat BBQ 09-03-2010 04:40 PM

congrats to all who got their names called!!

MattCom 09-03-2010 04:40 PM

:clap2: Killer!!!!

Sledneck 09-03-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokesman (Post 1390406)
Sled - I can't for the life of me find the official list online from the JD people - where did you find it?

Karen Walker from the KCBS office.

Smokesman 09-03-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Selle (Post 1390401)
This so rocks they honored Slap yo' Daddy's seven GCs ... dgassaways, Smoking Hot Grill Friends are going for Idaho and and Left Hand Smoke is going for Oregon awesome... this is going to be a blast!!!

Yes, putting aside a technicality and honoring a clearly qualified team is amazing...and refreshing!

SmokeInDaEye 09-03-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattCom (Post 1390414)
:clap2: Killer!!!!

Congrats guys! Represent us well!!

ddog27 09-03-2010 04:52 PM

Congrats Everyone!! Great job!!

Yakfishingfool 09-03-2010 04:57 PM

SoW gets the Wild Card?!? Wild Indeed!!!!!

Bud's BBQ 09-03-2010 05:07 PM

Congratulation to all the Brethren who got the draw.

Way to go Andy and Kim, what a way to get a ticket to the Jack.

Tippy, Bit Ts, Freemans, Extreme - way to go!

Smokesman 09-03-2010 05:11 PM

So do I have this correct...if a state is not represented by a home team and there is a team from said state that has won a qualifying GC in said state then they get a bung in the home state draw - but only one team from all gets to go - i.e. not every state will have a representative?

Tim H 09-03-2010 05:20 PM

Same question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokesman (Post 1390447)
So do I have this correct...if a state is not represented by a home team and there is a team from said state that has won a qualifying GC in said state then they get a bung in the home state draw - but only one team from all gets to go - i.e. not every state will have a representative?

I (TimothyT.) was the only Ohio team in the Ohio barrel, and the only Ohio team with a quailifying GC (i believe), yet did not receive an invite... confused

Rich Parker 09-03-2010 05:22 PM

Congratulations everyone!

YankeeBBQ 09-03-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokesman (Post 1390447)

No you don't. The Jack wants every state represented not a team from every state. Mass had 2 qualifers. Ique won both but ique had an auto because they won the jack last year. Therefore the state of massachusetts was not represented. Any team from mass that won a qualifier in any other state and was not already drawn was put into a hat.

BBQ Grail 09-03-2010 05:34 PM

Question?

What would happen if a team is drawn to represent a State and they can't go, for whatever reason? Is another team from that state drawn? Are there alternates?

Gowan 09-03-2010 05:37 PM

Congrats to all who were lucky enough to be drawn! Ain't nuthin' in BBQ better than cooking The Jack. You've grabbed the brass ring boys.

beerguy 09-03-2010 05:37 PM

Congrats to all who made it. Good Luck Big Ugly and Cool Smoke!

Westexbbq 09-03-2010 05:57 PM

I am very pleased to see the list of those that made it.
Congratulations to you all!
Special nod to Out of the Ashes and Smoke on Wheels!
Go get em.

Jorge 09-03-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Grail (Post 1390473)
Question?

What would happen if a team is drawn to represent a State and they can't go, for whatever reason? Is another team from that state drawn? Are there alternates?

To be entered in the draw the team has to submit paperwork in advance of the draw. If, after the draw, you can't go the spot is left vacant I believe.

Tim H 09-03-2010 06:09 PM

Still confused

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ (Post 1390471)
No you don't. The Jack wants every state represented not a team from every state. Mass had 2 qualifers. Ique won both but ique had an auto because they won the jack last year. Therefore the state of massachusetts was not represented. Any team from mass that won a qualifier in any other state and was not already drawn was put into a hat.

I understand your response that each State should be represented with a qualifying GC champion from a contest in that state (but not necessarily a team that resided in that state).

Can you help me out.. here is my situation. My interpretation of the Draw guidelines was different though.

I was the only Ohio team that won 1 of the 3 qualifying contests in Ohio. The other two contests were won by Smoke n Ice (TX) and Mooswiners (KY). Smoke n Ice was pulled from the Ohio barrel. I do not think that there were any other Ohio teams (besides mine) that won a qualifying contest, and were therefore in any other State barrel?
The letter from the contest read... "If any team is the only Grand Champion from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state...if there are numerous Grand Champions from any state and none of their names have been drawn, all Grand Champions from that state will go into a draw to determine who represents their home state" Again, I think I was the only Ohio team with a GC? My team was not drawn from the Ohio barrel, and I was not selected to represent my home state of Ohio... have I mis-interpreted how the draw works?

Unfortunately, it is not my interpretation of how the Draw works that matters though.

Jorge 09-03-2010 06:12 PM

The Jack Draw (capitalized on purpose) is really, REALLY cool!

I was out checking out the contest site a little while ago and stopped to talk to Mack and Sharon from Smoke'n Ice. Mack found a PDF with the results on his phone but couldn't open it. I opened mine and had to fight to hold back the smile before I stuck my hand out and gave him the news.

It was really cool to be there, to see just how much it meant to Mack and Sharon! Congrats!

Congrats also go out to Andy and Kim from Smoke on Wheels! I think Andy's phone had just about melted when I got ahold of him! The luck of the wild card couldn't fall on two more deserving people, or two better friends!

EDIT: After I told Mack they were in, he insisted on seeing it for himself!;)

Coz 09-03-2010 06:12 PM

Congrats to all our friends on the draw . Good luck

Ford 09-03-2010 06:15 PM

Any Ohio team winning a GC in any state goes into the home team draw. So if an OH team was drawn from say MI then there's an Ohio team at the Jack and no State draw needed. Does that help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim H (Post 1390503)
I understand your response that each State should be represented with a qualifying GC champion from a contest in that state (but not necessarily a team that resided in that state).

Can you help me out.. here is my situation. My interpretation of the Draw guidelines was different though.

I was the only Ohio team that won 1 of the 3 qualifying contests in Ohio. The other two contests were won by Smoke n Ice (TX) and Mooswiners (KY). Smoke n Ice was pulled from the Ohio barrel. I do not think that there were any other Ohio teams (besides mine) that won a qualifying contest, and were therefore in any other State barrel?
The letter from the contest read... "If any team is the only Grand Champion from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state...if there are numerous Grand Champions from any state and none of their names have been drawn, all Grand Champions from that state will go into a draw to determine who represents their home state" Again, I think I was the only Ohio team with a GC? My team was not drawn from the Ohio barrel, and I was not selected to represent my home state of Ohio... have I mis-interpreted how the draw works?

Unfortunately, it is not my interpretation of how the Draw works that matters though.

NorthwestBBQ 09-03-2010 06:15 PM

I'm going to the Jack! :-D

YankeeBBQ 09-03-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

are you sure no other team from ohio was drawn ? I seem to recall Yabba Dabba que getting in that way last year.

Coz 09-03-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ (Post 1390519)
are you sure no other team from ohio was drawn ? I seem to recall Yabba Dabba que getting in that way last year.

What state is BBQ Guru From?

YankeeBBQ 09-03-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coz (Post 1390524)
What state is BBQ Guru From?

They're from PA

AZScott 09-03-2010 06:40 PM

Congrats to all the teams that were drawn and to the teams that won 7! Man, I have a new goal.

swamprb 09-03-2010 06:43 PM

Orygun????

This really was the luck of the draw.

thillin 09-03-2010 07:01 PM

Congrats to the Brethren that made the draw!:clap2:

Goodluck next year for those that didn't!:clap2:

Smokin J 09-03-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westexbbq (Post 1390497)
I am very pleased to see the list of those that made it.
Congratulations to you all!
Special nod to Out of the Ashes and Smoke on Wheels!
Go get em.

Thanks Wes! We'll do ya proud.

Harbormaster 09-03-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamprb (Post 1390542)
Orygun????

This really was the luck of the draw.

I scrolled straight to WA and didn't see Left Hand Smoke, then said some choice words.

I guess this was just your year!

And congratulations to Freeman Bros!

Smokin J 09-03-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye (Post 1390426)
Congrats guys! Represent us well!!

Thanks Clint! We certainly will!

Brauma 09-03-2010 07:29 PM

Congrats everyone!

Bentley 09-03-2010 07:42 PM

Exciting times for all the winners...best of Luck!

Arlin_MacRae 09-03-2010 07:43 PM

Freaking awesome!!!! Congrats to all, but especially to Andy & Kim who pulled that right out of their shorts!

Arlin

2Fat 09-03-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfreeman198 (Post 1390386)
Slednek, not trying to question your information but are you 100% sure. The reason i ask is that I am half od Freeman Brothers BBQ and i hope to god these are correct.

Pete

well I hope both halves know by know<lol>

Congrats--Enjoy the experience!!!

JD McGee 09-03-2010 07:50 PM

Holy Jack shots...I still can't believe it...I just got back from swamprb's...he pretty much slept through the whole thing...just woke up as I was pullin' in to his driveway. Talk about LUCK...this was truly meant to be for LHS. Gongrats to all who got the call...and to all who made the draw...:thumb: I am very much looking forward to meeting a lot of Brethren and shaking your hand...in person...:cool:
JD

slat 09-03-2010 07:59 PM

Congrats to all on getting a call.

Tim H 09-03-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford (Post 1390516)
Any Ohio team winning a GC in any state goes into the home team draw. So if an OH team was drawn from say MI then there's an Ohio team at the Jack and no State draw needed. Does that help.

Thanks Ford.

I am pretty sure (not 100%) that I was the only team that resided in Ohio that was in any State's barrel/draw - that is where my confusion lies. Assuming that I was the only Ohio team in the entire draw, I was of the mindset that I would be in even if I was not picked from the Ohio barrel/draw.:confused:

Smokesman 09-03-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim H (Post 1390460)
I (TimothyT.) was the only Ohio team in the Ohio barrel, and the only Ohio team with a quailifying GC (i believe), yet did not receive an invite... confused

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim H (Post 1390626)
Thanks Ford.

I am pretty sure (not 100%) that I was the only team that resided in Ohio that was in any State's barrel/draw - that is where my confusion lies. Assuming that I was the only Ohio team in the entire draw, I was of the mindset that I would be in even if I was not picked from the Ohio barrel/draw.:confused:

Unless I am totally missing the boat here...very possible...the home state reps have not been fully chosen. Also, Podge (3 bungs) posted on facebook that they were still awaiting the home state draws. Last year their were 5 home state draws and on the current 2010 list there is only 1.

Tim - I to believe you are correct and are the only GC winner from OH and by default get an invite. But don't quote me on that!!!

DawgPhan 09-03-2010 08:27 PM

doesn't it seem odd that the biggest contest in bbq has the most confusing rules? or is that part of the charm...

matthew burt 09-03-2010 08:55 PM

We also are the only team from Nebraska that won any contests and we dont have a homestate draw either! really confused!

FamilyManBBQ 09-03-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ (Post 1390517)
I'm going to the Jack! :-D

Michael, FYI Costco sells a bag of 240 red cups!! :wink:

Don't forget that camera....I want to see the pics!!

Enjoy the ride!