The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   For ALL KCBS Members (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119524)

Candy Sue 11-03-2011 10:20 AM

For ALL KCBS Members

Please get informed and VOTE in the up-coming election! The future of KCBS is in the hands of the members who VOTE. Please don't not vote, then sit on the sidelines and complain. If you VOTE for the candidates whose platforms agree with your positions, you'll have a voice on the board of KCBS. Then complain, I guarantee the board does listen! But, please VOTE!!!

YankeeBBQ 11-03-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Sue (Post 1838665)
Please get informed and VOTE in the up-coming election! The future of KCBS is in the hands of the members who VOTE. Please don't not vote, then sit on the sidelines and complain. If you VOTE for the candidates whose platforms agree with your positions, you'll have a voice on the board of KCBS. Then complain, I guarantee the board does listen! But, please VOTE!!!

Is there a list of Nominees somewhere ?

Scottie 11-03-2011 12:30 PM

When do nominations end?

Candy Sue 11-03-2011 01:04 PM

Nomination closed on 10/31. Here's the slate, I'm sorry it's not up under KCBS News yet (really should be!).

STATE
Incumbent: Gene Goycochea. CA
Candidates: Sonny Ashford. NE
Forrest Bruce. KS
Kim Collier MO
Dave Compton. IA
Steve Farrin MA
Steve Grinstead. OH
Larry Hadley. KS
William "BJ" Hoffman. IA
David Londeen. MN
George Mullins. TX
Dennis Polson. KS
DennyMike Sherman ME
Jeff Stith. MO

Ron_L 11-03-2011 02:36 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I was amazed at the low percentage of members who voted last year.

Plowboy 11-03-2011 02:43 PM

Some really good candidates on that list. Everyone needs to pay close attention. Should be very interesting.

Can I have 8 or 9 votes?

smoke-n-my-i's 01-04-2012 07:29 PM

Since when and why does KCBS allow candidates to access personal information of members and send out an email "begging" for votes? Here is one I got Monday..... (BTW, when I got one last year and questioned it, I was told that it would not be allowed again).

I am running for the KCBS Board for another term and would appreciate your support

I want to be your voice in BBQ
I for the past 3 years have made it clear that you can call me on BBQ issues my number is (619) 600-8320, I am willing to discuss anything related to BBQ and KCBS
I eat, live and sleep BBQ, I was a competitor, I judge, I am a contest rep, I am also a judging instructor. I am retired and have the time to commit to my position on the board, I have nothing financial to gain, I am here to represent the membership as a whole
I currently am responsible for membership, membership is up 60% since I took on this duty 3 years ago.
I have an excellent voting record, I represent the membership.
I would appreciate your vote.
My phone number is: 619-600-8320
My e-mail is: [email protected]
Gene GoycocheaGENE GOYCOCHEA FOR KCBS BOARD OF DIRECTORS

smoke-n-my-i's 01-04-2012 07:30 PM

BTW, after I received the email, I forwarded it to KCBS as well as a copy to Gene.... I have not heard a word from anyone.....

MilitantSquatter 01-04-2012 07:34 PM

This answer was posted by Gene on another forum that had a running discussion about the same topic

"I can settle this for everyone, this is not from any list of e-mails from KCBS that I do not have access to anyway.... this is a list of old and new e-mail lists of mine and many friends and organizers around the Country that are helping me..... I used to be the largest organizer, a friend of mine is now, between these lists, i sent out approx. 2600 e-mails yesterday, about 600 bounced back as old non existent, none are from KCBS or its database."

smoke-n-my-i's 01-04-2012 07:44 PM

Thanks. If you or anyone else hasn't figured it out, I AM a very aggressive anti-spammer, and since I did not ask for any information from Gene, that is just exactly what that is classified as....

Thanks again for the answer. Now, how does one get their email removed from that list?????

boogiesnap 01-04-2012 07:49 PM

still a bit discomforting.

i don't think a spammish tactic like that will get anyone very far.

i'm also not so happy to hear organizers sharing others personal contact info. i don't care if they were the biggest or smallest.

boogiesnap 01-04-2012 07:52 PM

moreover, i think i'd ask for a list of those "organizers helping" to be sure i don't ever give them personal info again.

smoke-n-my-i's 01-04-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogiesnap (Post 1903130)
still a bit discomforting.

i don't think a spammish tactic like that will get anyone very far.

i'm also not so happy to hear organizers sharing others personal contact info. i don't care if they were the biggest or smallest.

I bet you can't guess who I did NOT vote for???? LOL

smoke-n-my-i's 01-04-2012 08:03 PM

that should be part of the contract for an organizer that they will NOT sell, give, or trade any personal information of cook teams, judges, reps or any other person that is associated with the event.....

Leatherheadiowa 01-04-2012 08:06 PM

Boogie,
I couldn't agree with you more. While nothing illegal happened, something unethical did happen. I wondered how my name got into someone else's hands and now I know. Do we have to ask that a privacy clause be put in every registration now to keep people from sharing for unethical practices? Add a check box that allows people to share our information? I WOULD HOPE NOT! Something about one bad apple...
I guess desperate times call for desperate measures!