Komodo Kamado vs BGE top vent

Lobsterbake

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Mark
No comparison - friend has BGE and daisy wheel won't stay put. No washer needed and KK top wont fall off when lid is open. You get what you pay for - BGE is a good unit but not the best on the market as so many of my friends say - of course that's when they are not complaining about gasket, top vent and the band issues. Buy quality and only cry once......

I am not affiliated with KomodoKamado in anyway - just tired of delusional BGE owners who can't face facts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
We get it, you like a product that you don't even own yet and anybody that likes an egg better than a Komodo is "delusional". Why start another thread instead of just continuing on in the one you already started on the Komodo which is 1 thread above this one?

If you like the Komodo great, there are plenty of BGE owners that have no issues and would rather spend $10 to replace a gasket every few years than spend $4000+ on a cooker. It's great that the outside of the Komodo remains cool to the touch but I've done hundreds of cooks on my eggs and the idea of grabbing onto the lid when it's firing away at 500+ degrees has never entered my mind. If that and the paint job are the only difference ill keep my egg.

Last edited:
The ceramic rain cap does sit loosely on the BGE and could come off if the lid were thrown open quickly. The cast iron "daisy wheel" fits better (Mine has never come off). Both can easily remedied by gluing a strip of gasket material to the inside of the cap or daisy wheel or the outside of the exhaust vent (Like Kamado Joe does).

No comparison - friend has BGE and daisy wheel won't stay put. No washer needed and KK top wont fall off when lid is open. You get what you pay for - BGE is a good unit but not the best on the market as so many of my friends say - of course that's when they are not complaining about gasket, top vent and the band issues. Buy quality and only cry once......

I am not affiliated with KomodoKamado in anyway - just tired of delusional BGE owners who can't face facts.

Or you position your daisy wheel properly, and don't have to jack with it.

Last edited:

As a moderator, I'll tell you what I AM TIRED of:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156420

I (we) are tired of having to clean up messes. Everyone has a favorite. We are passionate when it comes to our favorites. BUT, to then rank on those that don't pull for your "favorite" is what starts pissing matches around here. Pissing matches make work for us. Delusional can go many ways..........
NO personal attacks. NO attacks of any kind. Recognizing that everyone has, and is entitled to an opinion, if your opinion comes across as antagonistic, bad karma, insulting or hurtful to another member, or person, keep it to yourself. Any meaningless post that is nothing more than a negative comment or is strictly there to antagonize, will be edited or deleted. Any post with no redeeming quality or deemed negative by moderators will be deleted. In other words, you are NOT allowed to be a jerk just to chit stir or piss people off. Moderators do not have time to be putting out flame wars.

How bout you go buy that cooker and then start posting pron. Pron makes everyone happy!

Bob

Last edited:
I wonder what lobsterbake would think about my curbside rescue Weber kettle? I never thought I'd see a thread where the BGE is the inferior "cheapy." :p Oh well! I'm sure the Komodo is awesome. I know BGE are great. And I know my ribs this weekend on the kettle made my boys smile.

I am speaking as a dues paying member here and not a moderator on this post!

As a the owner of a large BGE..........My daisy wheel never moves after I get it dialed in. Owned it for almost 5 years now.
Just sayin!!!

Back