• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Saturday Chuck Roast (pics)

Disciple882542

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Built me another drum (old one a bit rusty) and needed to christen it. Did a nice 4 1/2 lb chuck roast Saturday. Very moist, flavorful and tender. The family really enjoyed the sandwhiches made from this bad boy!

f2f42ca6ab265d6e6a56c552c33633be.jpg

1e0b775e6a94ed4ab954fe25dc0ecfcd.jpg

8889a4037f51a264486d4c195b8cec33.jpg

71e479dad239a575f32cfa65dc0360fc.jpg

9546a6baba3b9fd8f4f4abe3d4752f83.jpg

Thanks and God bless,
Disciple

Looks Good - I love a Good Chuck Roast but I liked Sliced Beef Sammiches Best

Last edited:
That looks delicious... I'm off today and just decided what we're having for dinner!

That looks awesome. I have done a few chuckies and never have got them to pull quite like that. They taste great but just don't pull quite like that.

That looks awesome. I have done a few chuckies and never have got them to pull quite like that. They taste great but just don't pull quite like that.

Thanks!!

After about 4or 5 hours at 250, I will set the chuck roast on top of a rib rack (to keep it out of the juice and maintain better bark) and put the roast and rib rack in a disposable aluminum pan then tent with tin foil. I'll also put a couple of cups of beef broth in pan too.

Then I'll let it cook until it probes appropriately and ultimately gives up. Usually tend to be very moist and tender.

God bless,
Disciple

Thanks!!

After about 4or 5 hours at 250, I will set the chuck roast on top of a rib rack (to keep it out of the juice and maintain better bark) and put the roast and rib rack in a disposable aluminum pan then tent with tin foil. I'll also put a couple of cups of beef broth in pan too.

Then I'll let it cook until it probes appropriately and ultimately gives up. Usually tend to be very moist and tender.

God bless,
Disciple

Thanks for the info. I might try that next time. I have always brought it to 160 and wrapped in foil with some heated up apple juice and water and put it back in until it probes appropriately.

TD is coming up next week.

But that Chuckie sure looks real good

Back