The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Grilled Steak au Poivre (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33220)

cmcadams 10-29-2007 04:38 PM

Thanks, Mike.

qman, my dad used to always save off a couple of pieces that we got to eat while grilling, since my stepmom and sister stayed inside, and we called it the sacrificial meat, too.

qman 10-29-2007 04:44 PM

Perfectly logical, Curt.
The priests ate most of the sacrifice's in the Old Testament too.

SmokyOkie 10-29-2007 04:48 PM

There's no gravy on top of it:shock::shock::shock::!:

Looks great Curt. It's getting to be that time of year again, comfort food and all.

I've always wanted to ask too, do you have to be able to speak Japanese to use that Shun cutlery?:icon_bigsmil

Keale, thanx for bringing up Steak Diane. I haven't made that for years, and it used to be one of my favorites, you know one of those that you forget about making because you haven't for so long.

I'll be having some in the very new future.

cmcadams 10-29-2007 04:50 PM

Tim, Shun knives say 'Sharp' in whatever language you cook in. :)

that could be their new slogan!

SmokyOkie 10-29-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcadams (Post 488481)
Tim, Shun knives say 'Sharp' in whatever language you cook in. :)

that could be their new slogan!

Definitely quality stuff, and not for the lean of budget. I really like that Damascus twist steel. I have an old shotgun with a damascus barrel.

How long did it take you to get used to the straight handles? I must admit that they feel nice, just different.

keale 10-29-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokyOkie (Post 488479)
Keale, thanx for bringing up Steak Diane. I haven't made that for years, and it used to be one of my favorites, you know one of those that you forget about making because you haven't for so long.

I'll be having some in the very new future.

You're welcome, I just saw it this weekend, on "americas test kitchen"

cmcadams 10-29-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokyOkie (Post 488485)
Definitely quality stuff, and not for the lean of budget. I really like that Damascus twist steel. I have an old shotgun with a damascus barrel.

How long did it take you to get used to the straight handles? I must admit that they feel nice, just different.

It didn't take any time at all to get used to them. They're not really damascus, they just imitate it. They clad 16 layers on each side of the blade and polish through to give that look.

SmokyOkie 10-29-2007 05:26 PM

Beautiful stuff. I'd be afraid I might scratch it.

cmcadams 10-29-2007 10:18 PM

Tim, they're tools... they work well, and they're fully guaranteed... I do everything with them and don't worry about them. The company even sharpens them for free.

Jeremiah 10-29-2007 11:15 PM

I love this steak dish, one of my favorite. Always imagined doing it on the grill one day, great idea with using the round for the pan sauce.

SmokyOkie 10-30-2007 12:22 PM

[quote=Jeremiah;488713]I love this steak dish, one of my favorite. Always imagined doing it on the grill one day, great idea with using the round for the pan sauce.[/quote]

Ditto!