what to do with a 10 lb boneless pork loin??

capri man

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
local store had boneless pork loins on sale for $1.29 lb so i just brought home a 10 pounder. give me some ideas on what to do with it. i usually fillet them and stuff with cheese etc. then sew them back up and smoke them for a few hours. but i just wanted some ideas on something different. thanks

I would slice in about 1/2 inch then slice that down the middle without cutting all the way through to butterfly them, pound that out thin, or make the first slice much thinner then b]pound that out it will be much smaller than the first method. Dip in butter milk and your favorite breading and fry to make tenderloin sandwiches with fries and slaw or any other side you may chose. Or serve with cream gravy, mashed potatoes and corn. You could do the whole loin like that and freeze or do about half of it like that and smoke the rest if you like.

When you butterfly it make sure you cut it so the fat forms a ring around the outside and don't trim it off. I like my tenderloin sandwich on a toasted bun with mayonnaise, horseradish and a slice of Swiss cheese
Dave

Find that thread on here that is about 2" thick chops. You can't go wrong brining and grilling them. Well, you can, but, it is pretty easy if you read that thread. I make pork tonkatsu and pork udon with it, but, that would be off-topic for BBQ.

Take a chef's knife and run it through longways from both sides, creating a channel through the loin. Poke holes in Hot Italian Suasages, stuff them in channel in loin. I can usually get two sausages side by side from both ends in the loin. (No, this is not woodpile...) Lather with EVOO and your favorite Rub, I use Dizzy Pigs Ragin River onj loins these days, then lightly seasoned with Todd's Dirt.

I learned the method from Larry of BBQ Grail fame, he called it an "Internally Self-Basting Pork Loin". There is a thread about it somewhere...

when i buy loin roast cook them and slice into thick slices and serve with,taters,mac/cheese cornbread

I have one in my freezer too that I'm not sure what to do with too. I am thinking about making buckboard bacon with it. I need to do something with it soon, I'm tired of seeing it in the freezer mocking me. lol

Brine it and make ham or Canadian bacon.
dsc06121ps1.jpg

Last edited:
Pork loin -> chops

Find that thread on here that is about 2" thick chops. You can't go wrong brining and grilling them. ....

I've cut an entire loin into chops a few times. Cook some now, freeze some for those "what are we having for dinner" weeknights. I like about 1-1/2" chops. It's lean meat, and so it will benefit from brining. I rub with a little salt, cayenne, and black pepper, grill over coals to ~140-145 deg., rest a couple minutes, serve. As with a chicken breast, it's all in getting them just done - the distance between rare and shoe leather is about 30 deg.

Jerked pork loin is pretty good. Marinate overnight, smoke to 140* internal, let rest 15 minutes and slice thinly. Good eats.

I like to cut them into chops use some and freeze the rest for later.

If you want to cook the whole thing at once try making small slits up and down the whole thing all the way around, an stuff about an 1/8 of a clove of garlic in each slit. Then coat with EVOO and season with some salt, pepper, rosemary, minced onion and maybe a touch of Cayenne pepper. Sear the whole thing (all 4 sides) on a hot grill and then wrap well in foil and cook with indirect heat for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until you hit 165-170. Its cooks faster than you would think. Then slice into your preferred sandwich size slice and invite 20 of you closest friend to share with you.

Cutting the slits and stuffing with garlic takes some time but is definately worh it!

I did one recently just to try it. Decent sized cut, about 6" wide, 4" high and 10" long. Rubbed with mustard then coated with the same rub I use on pulled pork. Put a bacon weave over it to keep it from drying out.

Cooked it alongside the butts to around 160 degrees, sliced thin to serve. It was great. The bacon alone was worth it :biggrin:

Back