The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Madison BBQ, Blues and Balloons, Madison, IN - Aug. 15 - 16, 2008 ***Results Added*** (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47161)

Big Mike 08-10-2008 05:06 PM

But it looks like we're gonna get some rain.

cmcadams 08-10-2008 10:02 PM

We'll probably be there Friday; it's Mark's wedding anniversary, so no competing. We may be staying (judging if needed), if I can get my cousin's condo right downtown. If so, I may sell showers to those of you out in the heat. :)

But since I'm currently laid off, we're doing it on the cheap; don't be surprised if I stop by and ask for a rib!!! :)

Double D's BBQ 08-11-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Mike (Post 708504)
But it looks like we're gonna get some rain.

Rain is our best friend. I don't like tornado's though! Like I said in Fairbanks this year when the rain started.............Bring it on!

See you all in Madison!

Rolling Smoke 08-11-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidw (Post 708238)
BEER??????

So if I understand what you are saying Jim is that you can actually have beer at these events. :-P

Man, I really need to start paying attention to what is going on in my surroundings.

Who knew? :roll:

Sid, this whole beer thing is a relatively new concept from what I understand. Really I think it's another marketing ploy by MMA to lure brewers in as sponsors but either way it's working for me.

Sidw 08-11-2008 02:49 PM

Jim my friend

This could be BIG!!!!!

I will do all I can to help get the word out. We owe it to all the cookers.

Rolling Smoke 08-11-2008 03:16 PM

I agree Sid! I think we're on the eve of a great thing and I will gladly offer up my services to spread the word.

The Pigman 08-11-2008 06:33 PM

Wont be making Madison....Mothers 85th Birthday. Looking forward to seeing all in Sept at Jim Dandys

Smoky River BBQ 08-11-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolling Smoke (Post 709303)
I agree Sid! I think we're on the eve of a great thing and I will gladly offer up my services to spread the word.

I, Roger of Smoky River BBQ, do solemnly promise to do my best of spreading the joyous news of BEER by taking the responsibility of opening a cold, refreshing nectar of the hops as I set up for this grand event we call "A BBQ CONTEST"!

Podge 08-11-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky River BBQ (Post 709602)
I, Roger of Smoky River BBQ, do solemnly promise to do my best of spreading the joyous news of BEER by taking the responsibility of opening a cold, refreshing nectar of the hops as I set up for this grand event we call "A BBQ CONTEST"!

thank godness you called it a contest and not a sport !:eek:

Rolling Smoke 08-12-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky River BBQ (Post 709602)

And yet another diplomat! The word is spreading exponentially (just had to use that word somewhere today) :eusa_clap

Podge 08-12-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolling Smoke (Post 709933)
And yet another diplomat! The word is spreading exponentially (just had to use that word somewhere today) :eusa_clap

Ha !!... looks like another Hooked on Phonics satisfied customer ! (dude, i'd let you borrow mine)

Rolling Smoke 08-12-2008 01:34 PM

Nope, none of that hooked on phonics for me. I've been reading matchbook covers.

Dale P 08-12-2008 08:55 PM

We have decided to come early Thursday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Podge 08-13-2008 08:21 AM

For some of you who are competing in Madison this weekend and may not have gotten the mass e-mailing to the teams, note that the earliest competitors can check in is 4:00 p.m. on thursday.

CaptTable 08-13-2008 09:07 AM

Hey, Podge.

Kathy & I will be coming up about mid-afternoon on Friday so we will be on the road at lunchtime. Can you please list all the TGIF's that we will be going by so we can stop at one and have lunch????:lol:

Never mind, you probably have too much on your mind so I guess we will just have to watch for one ourselves!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Phillip