The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

Sooner21 03-11-2020 08:02 PM

This has been pretty crazy to not only follow, but be a part of. One week ago I had no intentions of buying any sort of pellet anything. Placed my MAK order on Monday in true Brethren style and couldn't be more excited! Let's get a few more to unlock more prizes!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinJ 03-11-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4282318)
Official word is that we are currently sitting at 22 new MAK owners as a result of this group buy. Tomorrow is the last day and I know that there are guys I have been chatting with that are still on the fence. Lots of remaining interest in this deal. 24 hours left... :)

Remember, only 3 more for an additional $75 in store credit... and 8 more for $100 in store credit. Who else is ready to join the MAK family?

If they release the Mini MAK tomorrow I'M IN! :whoo:

4ever3 03-11-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinj (Post 4282323)
if they release the mini mak tomorrow i'm in! :whoo:

lets do this thang!!!

Crispy Bacon 03-11-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4282318)
Official word is that we are currently sitting at 22 new MAK owners as a result of this group buy. Tomorrow is the last day and I know that there are guys I have been chatting with that are still on the fence. Lots of remaining interest in this deal. 24 hours left... :)

Remember, only 3 more for an additional $75 in store credit... and 8 more for $100 in store credit. Who else is ready to join the MAK family?

22!! Thatís awesome!!

Josh@MAK 03-11-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4282316)
Yíall, this is NUTS how even this thang cooked biscuits!

https://i.postimg.cc/C51SfTXt/1426-E...-E3042-B40.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/KjHFPpyY/B030-E...5043225-F1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/J761C0BW/A7-A6-...-C10-B2-C7.jpg

Iíve got at least two more tests to do maybe three, once theyíre all done hopefully the MAKnation (or whatever the title) will be up and running and Iíll post all tests, settings, and thoughts in there.


Pretty distinct, huh? I love seeing these apologist biscuit test videos where there are very clear hot spots / sides and the narrator will be like, "So, yeah, pretty even."

4ever3 03-11-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh@MAK (Post 4282351)
Pretty distinct, huh? I love seeing these apologist biscuit test videos where there are very clear hot spots / sides and the narrator will be like, "So, yeah, pretty even."

Itís crazy how even Josh!

Weíll see how the next ones turn out!

Mac*5 03-11-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4282262)
First, welcome to the BBQ Brethren. Second, how cool... you get to stop by the factory and do it in person. Congrats and welcome to the MAK family!! Whatcha currently cooking on?

Thanks. I've driven past the factory since they opened. Always wanted one, but timing wasn't right until now. Got a 2* with upper shelf, sear grate, door and wifi. Prior to this my main smoker was a WSM 18 for the last 10 years. I'm looking forward to something that takes a little less babysitting.

KevinJ 03-11-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac*5 (Post 4282355)
Thanks. I've driven past the factory since they opened. Always wanted one, but timing wasn't right until now. Got a 2* with upper shelf, sear grate, door and wifi. Prior to this my main smoker was a WSM 18 for the last 10 years. I'm looking forward to something that takes a little less babysitting.

I pretty much started out on a Weber Performer then graduated to the WSM 18.5" gateway drug of smokers. :grin:

Congrats on the 2⭐️ :clap:

rwalters 03-11-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac*5 (Post 4282355)
Thanks. I've driven past the factory since they opened. Always wanted one, but timing wasn't right until now. Got a 2* with upper shelf, sear grate, door and wifi. Prior to this my main smoker was a WSM 18 for the last 10 years. I'm looking forward to something that takes a little less babysitting.



Love it! Have owned a few WSMís in my day. Great smokers. That said, welcome to the WONDERFUL world of pellet cooking :)

sudsandswine 03-11-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4282316)
Yíall, this is NUTS how even this thang cooked biscuits!

https://i.postimg.cc/C51SfTXt/1426-E...-E3042-B40.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/KjHFPpyY/B030-E...5043225-F1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/J761C0BW/A7-A6-...-C10-B2-C7.jpg

Iíve got at least two more tests to do maybe three, once theyíre all done hopefully the MAKnation (or whatever the title) will be up and running and Iíll post all tests, settings, and thoughts in there.

Well thatís impressive

pjtexas1 03-11-2020 11:02 PM

Yea or nay to this side shelf? Be honest! I have very thick skin. If it's crap say it looks like crap. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6f3a8d43fa.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...52daf58b65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tom b 03-11-2020 11:15 PM

I like the second one better...

sudsandswine 03-11-2020 11:16 PM

Looks factory to me, assuming it’s stable enough to hold whatever load you plan to set on it. The rivets or bolts/nuts that protrude through the side look at home with the rest :thumb:

pjtexas1 03-11-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom b (Post 4282416)
I like the second one better...

It's 2 pics of the same 9" shelf. I meant to post pics of the 9" and the 13" shelf. Oops!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c7d3919f9b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d0e6cfd2a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tom b 03-11-2020 11:28 PM

I still like the second one better, how much weight can it hold?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.