BBQ Classes in Texas

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This came about from reading another recent thread about classes - am curious - where would I look for BBQ Classes in or around Texas? I'm in Dallas Metroplex. Don't mind a drive as long as it is a quality class. (I will be initially doing KCBS as a primary focus but am 100% open to learn others)

Things I lack right now is experience and knowledge. In the few short days I've been "pestering" the brethren on this forum I've learned a TON! Druel'd a lot and learned to wear a bib when looking at the food Pron.

I have never met Konrad Haskins, but I know he has been doing classes for a while and he has a good reputation in the BBQ biz. Good Luck.

PremierGrilling in Frisco have classes of various levels and they are taught by pitmasters from KC. Matt Peterson, Matadore Meats in Plano recommends them and also carries CAB Prime.

Jeff does Comp classes for Texas and KCBS and hos classes are very informative Redneckcooker.com like Bruno said

Are you looking to travel alot to compete? There is only a few KCBS comps "close" to North Texas. I like them, but not ready to put in the long drives for them that often. About to cook my 3rd comp this month and it's the furthest drive (1.5 hours to Texoma). IBCA and LSBS comps are about $75-100 entry fees. Some pay top 5 or top 10. And turnin times are 60-90 minutes apart, KCBS is 30 min apart.

Not trying to sway you, but give you so info. I'll cook either. :mrgreen:

Back