Rib Question

E

Ernie3

My inlaws 50th wedding anniversary is Saturday, so anyway all the kids and spouses are getting together to give them a little party ( And send them on a cruise ). My question is: I am thinking about smoking some Ribs ahead of time maybe Friday afternoon or right before hand on Saturday. I am wondering the best way to go about reheating them when we arrive. They do have a Weber gasser so they can be reheated on that, but should I foil them or just do a few minutes on each side? I have always eaten them right after smoking them. Never reheated before. Any advice would really be helpful.

I was thinking maybe not saucing at all till' reheating??? I was also thinking doing a couple of racks with just a dry rub.......

Depends on how long you have to hold them. If it is just a few hours, I would do the 3-2-1 method and just keep them in the cooler for the extended time. I have kept them there for about 4 hours before and then heated on a grill while still in foil. They were great. Even after 4 hours in the cooler when you pull them out they were still hot.

I've had good luck reheating foiled in the oven for about 15-20 min at 300 degrees to take the chill out then hitting the grill unfoiled to finish them back out. never tried just heating back up on the grill.:rolleyes:

Rob

Main thing is to make sure you don't burn them or dry them out.

I prefer to reheat them in a 250 degree oven (covered and/or wrapped)

I've reheated on a grill, in an oven & I have also cut the ribs while they were cold & put them in a crock pot a couple hours before a party, this worked really well also. You can add a little apple juice to the crock pot for some extra moisture.

i had a similar situation 3 weeks ago for a pool party, i finished ribs at 7:00am kept in cooler w/ foil til 2pm and thru on their gasser for a few minutes. They were perfect, even the peice that fell on the floor was scooped up by someone as they were walking by & ate it!!!

Good Luck!

Do yourself a favor heat em in a 250-300 degree oven wrapped in foil for 15-20 minutes

I've reheated on a grill, in an oven & I have also cut the ribs while they were cold & put them in a crock pot a couple hours before a party, this worked really well also. You can add a little apple juice to the crock pot for some extra moisture.
I've had the same luck as you. I did find it worked a little better if I pulled them off the smoker earier than I normally would because they become more tender in the cooler...

Back