"Pre-Cooking" Brisket

deific

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have a large Meadow Creek Trailer Smoker I use to cater for client events and office BBQs, typically feeding between 50-200 people. To date all of my smokes have been on site. This often limits me as I don't particularly like to camp out in an industrial area so that I can do brisket.

I have a charity work event coming up next week for ~100 people, which I'd like to do brisket for. Can I smoke it at home, wrap it, put it in a cooler. Then empty my fire box and trailer it to the site, restarting the smoke once I arrive? (30 min drive)
Thanks in advance.

A brisket can hold for hours (4-6 easy) in a cooler wrapped in towels or a cambro unit. No reason you can time this out so it finishes at home then you place it in the box and transport everything to the site.
I have done this plenty of times. Brisket is transported done and then I fire up a cooker on site and throw the brisket on that to "finish" it. It really is just for the show on-site, they want to see a big smoker with the smoke rolling out.

Of course, make sure you are using thermometers and following all health department rules for holding and safe transport (That was the legal portion of my post!)

A brisket can hold for hours (4-6 easy) in a cooler wrapped in towels or a cambro unit. No reason you can time this out so it finishes at home then you place it in the box and transport everything to the site.
I have done this plenty of times. Brisket is transported done and then I fire up a cooker on site and throw the brisket on that to "finish" it. It really is just for the show on-site, they want to see a big smoker with the smoke rolling out.

Of course, make sure you are using thermometers and following all health department rules for holding and safe transport (That was the legal portion of my post!)

Thanks for the reply, my wife is a health inspector so I try to be on my best behavior.

Back