Spitjack vs Bayou classics injectors?

I think it all depends on what you plan on doing with it. My teammate got a spitjack, and it's built like a tank. If you're only going to be injecting 1 or 2 items, they work great, but if you plan on injecting a bunch of things at once, I'd look into a self drawing one like Pitbulls Up In Smoke sells (though they were out of stock last I checked) or one of the ones that look a pressurized weed sprayer, like this: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...Ntt=injector&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

In reality your injection solution dictates your injector and needle size. If you have heavy or large particulate or a "chunky" injection you're going to be restricted to a manual type injector with a large bore open tip needle like a straight plunger or a Pistol syringe like a Heinki (they make all the pistol types including Spitjacks). If your injection is strained or or clear then you can use a draw type injector and smaller needles or needles with fine side ports.

I have and used both. The Spitjack with longer needles have the ability to allow you to reach down and inject from inside of chickens and turkeys. This will keep from creating holes where the marinade will exit out of. I also had difficulty with the cheaper needles due to the diameter of the needles clogging. I had to strain basic italian dressing before I injected it. Also, the needles on the cheaper injectors had a tendency to separate and pop off when using. I purchased the full bore kit with four needles and case. Hope this helps.

I was gonna get the more expensive stainless bayou classic but read that the o rings break down and the company won't back up the product and nobody can find where to get the o rings. I figured spitjack might be a bit easier in that department (but more $)

Have you used either of those? I like the $30 price tag on the smaller one, but it looks like it would be a little small to inject a bunch of meat.

I have the smaller one sitting downstairs but haven't broken open the package yet :) I have seen them in use and was impressed.

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
I went to tractor supply, it's like a farm supply, they have a medicine injector like spit jack. Comes with needles $20.00? You can set how much you want to inject

Last edited:
I'll just offer this up and say it works Great for large or small:

www.brucefoods.com

Here's my rig from them:

vsdvfl.jpg

I just got this one for brisky, early Valentine's gift from the, GF (keeper):
535369_10102238893850607_1626946313_n_zpsa6203e7a.jpg

I like this one for my pork booty:
DSCF0010_zpse652b4c7.jpg

And some of these from Jeffers pet supply, if chit breaks or I am doing something small and need something disposable:

Item Description Quantity
Ordered Back
Ordered Unit
Price Extended
Price
XQA4 14ga X 1.5" Alum Hub Needle (box/100) 1 0 13.95 13.95
XQDD 20cc L.L. Syringe w/o Needle box 50 1 0 10.95 10.95
Comments: Card authorized, no address or zip code match.
Subtotal 24.90 Service Chg 6.00
Total (USD) 30.90

I just got this one for brisky, early Valentine's gift from the, GF (keeper):
535369_10102238893850607_1626946313_n_zpsa6203e7a.jpg

I like this one for my pork booty:
DSCF0010_zpse652b4c7.jpg

And some of these from Jeffers pet supply, if chit breaks or I am doing something small and need something disposable:

Item Description Quantity
Ordered Back
Ordered Unit
Price Extended
Price
XQA4 14ga X 1.5" Alum Hub Needle (box/100) 1 0 13.95 13.95
XQDD 20cc L.L. Syringe w/o Needle box 50 1 0 10.95 10.95
Comments: Card authorized, no address or zip code match.
Subtotal 24.90 Service Chg 6.00
Total (USD) 30.90

Great gifts! I have the same Spitjack kit, and you will love it. You will start trying to find all types of stuff that need injecting.

I posted the spitjack pic on Facebook and one of my friends who knows nothing about Q, thought it was a different type of meat injector (penis), lol

Back