Pot o Pintos Pron

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Made up a batch for the week. Couple of jalapenos, couple slices of bacon, 3 whole garlic cloves and salt. 8 hrs later..
Goodness,,
DSCN1599.jpg

Chef's sample before dinner.
DSCN1598.jpg

Oh Brother, I love me some Pintos. Most folks like cornbread with them. What I really like is to open up a homemade biscuit and pour the beans and juice over it and eat it up.

Mmmmm...looks great! Pintos hafta be my favorite. Feel free to send any leftovers my way. :wink:

That's my kinda comfort food right there!! On a side note, it's old custom in Hispanic families to actually feed the little ones the bean juice in their bottle. I remember many a time when my mom and grandma gave my brother and cousins baby bottles full of the bean juice. That stuff is full of healthy stuff.
I know, I know..........sounds weird, but we loved it. All the vitamins and minerals you need in a bottle!

3 cloves of garlic is my measurement as well. So are the japs. I also recommend a whole or half an onion chopped in big chunks and if you like cilantro, toss in half a chopped bunch of it to the next batch. I think you will like it. :wink:

When I was growing up my mother used to make a big batch of pintos and a cast iron skillet full of cornbread.

We would take a hunk of corn bread and put it in a bowl and spoon the pintos over the top. Topped with some chopped onions, it was a great meal.

Those are some awesome looking pintos.

Our cornbread was freshly made flour tortillas. We'd tear off a triangle shaped piece and scoop a whole of beans in it and down the hatch. The juice usually got slurped up at the end.
I still remember my grandmas making big ole bowls of dough and pulling off small chunks and rolling them out with the pins. They had four cast iron skillets going on the stove at once and they never missed a beat. They'd roll one out and as soon as it hit a skillet, the last one was taken off. I was amazed. They'd crank out tortillas by the dozen. Not uncommon for them to make 10 or so dozen at one time.

That would be my last meal.......a big bowl of pintos and fresh flour tortillas that grandma made.:wink:

Pinto beans and cornbread is the staple of life for most southern folks. At least the native southerners. Good stuff!:eusa_clap

Now you’re talking... or at least making funny air noises:lol:

Nothing like a bait of pintos, jap cornbread, and slaw. Man those look good on a cold day.

Pinto beans and cornbread is the staple of life for most southern folks. At least the native southerners. Good stuff!:eusa_clap

That sho be true:biggrin:

Made up a batch for the week. Couple of jalapenos, couple slices of bacon, 3 whole garlic cloves and salt. 8 hrs later..
Goodness,,
DSCN1599.jpg

Chef's sample before dinner.
DSCN1598.jpg

That's a fine looking pot of beans:!:

Wow all of this pintos and mole talk is making me "mucho hambre"! Nice frioles!

Back