Lost my Fatty virginity

BBQdisciple

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I made two fatties tonight. I never heard of a fatty until I joined this forum. This forum has become a daily spot for me and has helped me to make a new cooking purchase as well as inspire me in my bbq ideas

I think the first fatty I ever seen was from a bbq brethren named cowgirl and I was immediately intrigued. I knew I had to try the straight up "Fatty" but I also wanted to get creative so i also made a Stromboli fatty. Jimmy Dean sage layered with chopped onions, sandwich pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and marinara sauce. rolled, then encrusted with Parmesan and oregano mix

The "straight up" I just rubbed with my go to "mr brown" style pork rub

I smoked with pecan wood in the Akorn for 1 and a half hours at 275.

I am hooked on a fatty now, and honestly, I liked the simple "straight up" one better.

it is perfect cook choice. it is a chance to play with the cooker without an expensive cut of meat or hours of prep time and a dedicated afternoon of cooking. Plus it is delicious.

Bottom line is: I have a feeling I will be eating a lot of fatties on sundays from now on

Thanks for introducing me and if I dare say, enlightening me on the wonderful possibilities of a breakfast sausage roll and a smoker.

anyway, I wish I had Pron for you, but I never think about taking pictures until it is too late

I just made my first fatties a couple days ago. I made them naked and smoked them with apple wood since I was doing them with some hard boiled eggs and wanted apple wood smoke for those.

Long story short, I never saw our 1 1/2 year old grandson eat anything like he went for pieces of these fatties. :hungry:

I'll be making them again for sure.

Did my first fatties this weekend too! It was a lot of fun! I doctored mine up, but I'll probably do some plain ones in a week or two for breakfast.

I lost my virginity to a fatty also, but that was many years ago :mrgreen:

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The "straight up" I just rubbed with my go to "mr brown" style pork rub

I smoked with pecan wood in the Akorn for 1 and a half hours at 275.

I am hooked on a fatty now, and honestly, I liked the simple "straight up" one better.

it is perfect cook choice. it is a chance to play with the cooker without an expensive cut of meat or hours of prep time and a dedicated afternoon of cooking. Plus it is delicious.

Naked Fatties Rule!

:-D

I have done both naked and stuffed and i like both ways, naked for adding to other dishes(biscuits and gravy) and stuffed for a meal itself!

Back