The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A Few Things From Bass Pro Shops (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149232)

Garrett 12-09-2012 08:46 PM

A Few Things From Bass Pro Shops

1 Attachment(s)
Seems almost like you can't read a post on here without someone talking about how good Plowboys rubs are. So while me and the family were out shopping tonight I picked up a bottle of each kind they had so I can see what the fuss is all about. Just tasted a little of each on my finger and man this stuff really is good. Never been one to buy commercial rubs but I'm thinking that might just change. Will have to wait till this weekend to find out. Picked upAttachment 73299 a few other things while I was there too. Any recommendations on the pepperoni mix on how to cook or smoke it will be appreciated.

code3rrt 12-09-2012 08:52 PM

Looks like a nice haul, should have some fun with that!

javahog2002 12-09-2012 08:54 PM

I use Plowboys bovine bold on my Moink balls.

mallorjc 12-09-2012 08:58 PM

I hear a lot about commercial rubs/injects/brines & a) have my own herb&spices & a clue, and b) agree someone with success selling MAY have a clue or realized Barnum's dream. Looking forward to your report. Cabela's rubs are TRIX.

EX~DY 12-09-2012 09:03 PM

I've always made my own. But I picked up some Plowboy's Fin& feather @ Bass Pro & I am hooked!!

tish 12-09-2012 09:04 PM

I've found Plowboys Yardbird on poultry is fantastic, but I've used it on ribs and a pork butt, and had great results, too. Good stuff! :thumb:

Garrett 12-09-2012 09:06 PM

Next weekend me and my brother and few friends are going on our annual HEEMAN WOMEN HATERS CLUB camping trip. Got some pork belly curing now and plan on making the sausage and pepperoni later this week to take with us. Also will be trying out that Plowboys...... Man it's going to be a long week.

cricky101 12-11-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallorjc (Post 2292807)
I hear a lot about commercial rubs/injects/brines & a) have my own herb&spices & a clue, and b) agree someone with success selling MAY have a clue or realized Barnum's dream. Looking forward to your report. Cabela's rubs are TRIX.

Nice :roll:

Teamfour 12-11-2012 04:40 PM

Yardbird is da bomb on ribs. Supplement with a little Smokin Guns Hot!

chriscw81 12-11-2012 07:14 PM

I'm trying yardbird and fin and feathers for the first time tonight. A package arrived and we totally changed our dinner plans just to try them :-)

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ijustwantedtolookatpics 12-11-2012 07:24 PM

Just had yardbird on my chicken tonight, I love it. Got them at bass pro too...

Happy Hapgood 12-11-2012 07:31 PM

Looking like another Bass Pro run with the Bass Pro gift cards that come every year. ;D

Jaskew82 12-12-2012 07:40 AM

Nice haul. Plowboys Yardbird is easily one of my favorite rubs. It does especially well on pork...

bigabyte 12-12-2012 08:08 AM

Yardbird is a long time staple here. I have my own rubs I make, but I also keep certain GOOD commercial rubs and seasonings around, because I like to change things up now and then (without sacrificing quality). The Bovine Bold is really good too.

BluesDaddy 12-12-2012 02:29 PM

If you haven't done so yet, try Yardbird when you grill salmon - it is incredible!! Also available at Bass now is Malcolm Reed's "The BBQ Rub", which is absolutely fantastic on pork - ribs or butt/shoulder.