More BK ribs?

Smokey Al Gold

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Yes more BK ribs at least my take on them. Ever since I was 28 years old I've been longing to go to BK with Chris to have lunch. It seems like we've talked about doing this for minutes yet we haven't had the chance to do it yet. We've talked about trying their new ribs. Here's my take on "Fast" ribs. I know one day I will actually make it to BK if I keep saving my pennies. Picked up a small rack of BB's about 2.5 lbs and did a mustard slather as I'm sure BK does and rubbed with bovine bold. I'm positive BK uses bovine bold because I remember seeing a picture of the King winning the American Royal last year somewhere. I cooked these as fast as I could without scorching them I cooked them about 450 for about 75 minutes then a rest in foil. I didn't foil them till the came out of the kettle and I didn't sauce them since I don't like fast food "sauces." Added cherry for smoke. These were actually pretty darn good and came off the bone nice. High heat ribs?

ribs003.jpg

ribs.jpg

ribs004.jpg

ribs007.jpg

ribs005.jpg

ribs006.jpg

ribs008.jpg

ribs009.jpg

Leftovers for today :-D
ribs015.jpg

Value meal
entry.jpg

Wow! That's a really good presentation! What kind of drink is in the cup? I could not tell what dimple was pressed down. That could influence my decision in the voting. I like the three ribs in the bag as a serving size. Is that a bone you have sliced up in that one picture?:shock:

Wow! That's a really good presentation! What kind of drink is in the cup? I could not tell what dimple was pressed down. That could influence my decision in the voting. I like the three ribs in the bag as a serving size. Is that a bone you have sliced up in that one picture?:shock:

Thanks! What kind of drink is your favorite? Becuase that is what's in the cup. Yeah the bone kind of came out of no where but my knife is so sharp it can slice right through it. It was totally worth the Ginsu price. :-D

Thanks! What kind of drink is your favorite? Becuase that is what's in the cup. Yeah the bone kind of came out of no where but my knife is so sharp it can slice right through it. It was totally worth the Ginsu price. :-D
Hmmmm...well, since that's a Chimney Rock Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 in the cup there, I am thinking the others will be hard pressed to steal my vote away from you. You paid full Ginsu price?:shock:

Hmmmm...well, since that's a Chimney Rock Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 in the cup there, I am thinking the others will be hard pressed to steal my vote away from you. You paid full Ginsu price?:shock:

Wow I can't believe you guessed right! I actually had Chimney Rock Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 in the cup! And yes I paid full price becuase the infomercial would not lie to me about the knives capabilities. It clearly showed that the knife could cut right through bone which it did. Moneys worth right there!

Hmmm, I was expecting a fried chicken sandwich, but, the King surprised me again. Ribs and Cab, very nice. I am also glad to see you are supporting the genuine Japanese Ninja industry making Ginsu!

Please note: Those are some good looking ribs Al.

Back