Houston/Beaumont BBQ reccomondations

WhiskeyPigBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Heading down to the area for the weekend and was curious if there were any good restaurants I shouldn't miss.

Heading down to the area for the weekend and was curious if there were any good restaurants I shouldn't miss.

thats about 90 miles between each city. I have no idea whats in Beaumont.

If in Houston, I'd recommend some cajun or Tex Mex as can't miss but the BBQ leaves some to be desired.

Goode Company can be good.
Gatlins is supposed to be good
Pappa's is okay
Rudy's is a love / hate thing. I think they do pretty well, many folks do not.

Dial me into your area a bit closer and I might be able to help more. Flying in and driving to Beaumont? Staying in town and day tripping to Beaumont?

Staying in Beaumont flying into Houston. I am going to drive back to Houston Saturday morning and visit the guys at Pitmaker.

Staying in Beaumont flying into Houston. I am going to drive back to Houston Saturday morning and visit the guys at Pitmaker.

Too bad you have drive all the way back, their shop is right by the airport.

I'd check out the BBQ Snobs website: http://fcg-bbq.blogspot.com/

He has reviewed just about all of them out in East Texas as well.

Its Gulf Oyster season and the Gulf is still cool, I'd look for some of those while your here. They will be much less expensive than in Chicago.

While the Pappa's family does not always get their que right, their cajun places are pretty solid. Pappadeaux, pretty sure there is one in Beaumont as well.

it's been years, but there is a pappadeaux in beaumont, at least there used to be. +1 on the Tex Mex, there are lots of good Tex Mex joints in that area, i grew up around there

just asked someone in the beaumont area and she said carmella's for TexMex and Tony's for BBQ. I've had Carmella's and it's good, but never Tony's.

personally i prefer BBQ at home because a lot of places(but not all) arent so great and i walk out wishing it was better. good luck.

Back