The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   *Need some help* Northport Long Island VA hospital BBQ Cookout August 25 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139848)

mr dirts bbq 07-27-2012 11:56 AM

i can do it, my pleasure, my big pit will fit 60 racks or 40 birds no problem, pm for my number
i did 350lbs last week of brisket, butts, brats etc

Bob S 07-27-2012 04:07 PM

I'm in! Happy to help a good cause.

BBQchef33 07-27-2012 09:35 PM

Id say we are in covered for pits now between pauls big pit and mr dirt plus the 2 lang 84 and 2 fast eddys we are stocked. Ill have my trailer too. Anyone wants to come help, and hang ouf, cook, rub elbows ....all welcome!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

MikeR 07-28-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 2153643)
Id say we are in covered for pits now between pauls big pit and mr dirt plus the 2 lang 84 and 2 fast eddys we are stocked. Ill have my trailer too. Anyone wants to come help, and hang ouf, cook, rub elbows ....all welcome!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Edit-Posted on the wrong thread. Was repying to the BOTB thread asking for help with snow fencing.

tgellert 07-29-2012 09:23 AM

Man ... I'd be there if it wasn't for New Holland!

This really stinks as I live DIRECTLY across the street from the V.A. I'll be on my way back from New Holland that day ... darn it. Next year FOR SURE!! :clap2:

Frank Sacco 08-16-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cue's Your Daddy (Post 2152717)
This should be a blast. Usually when you cook for something like this its for a fundraiser and you are cooking for joe publick. This is for the soldiers themselves. And sacco was a marine, even tho he is pretty weak. HI FRANK.

Wow... back in my hay day when I was full of piss and vinegar, I probably would have taken offense to that. However, I did serve my country? How was boot camp for you?:moon:

I'm looking forward to this cook! It ought to be a blast with the line up that has volunteered.

ccbear 08-17-2012 10:21 AM

Thank you for honoring the veteran's in this wonderful way. I know they will all really enjoy it. You guys rock!!

MikeR 08-20-2012 07:24 AM

Anybody have an idea of what time they'll be showing up Friday night?

Westexbbq 08-20-2012 07:52 PM

BUMP

Ok, what's the plan/time etc. for those of us who are participating.??
Should be a very righteous event.

T-Man 08-20-2012 08:43 PM

Kudos , Brethren ..!!! The Vets will enjoy it , save some for the military working dogs also
if they are there ( they save the lives of our service members every day ) Semper Fi !!!
The T-Man........

Frank Sacco 08-20-2012 08:49 PM

Word was passed Sunday via the super secret brethren bat phone, arrival time Friday 6-7 p.m.

Cue's Your Daddy 08-20-2012 09:50 PM

Here are all the logistics.We will be cooking 6 Briskets, 8-10 pork butts, 60 racks of ribs, and 40 whole chickens. Poobah wants to be ready to cook on Friday around 6 -7pm. All the big meats will be cooked on friday night and the chicken and ribs will be cooked Saturday morning. Food will be served between 11am and 3pm, and this will be done by the VA hospital staff. The cookers that are going to be used is Purple Pork Masters trailer, Phil and Blazin Butts FE, Joe (Mr. Dirts BBQ) cooker and my smoker. We do not need any WSM. The people who said they were going to help was Phil, myself, purple pork masters, BLAZIN BUTTS, Mr. Dirts BBQ, and the Grimm Reaper crew, and Wes. If i missed anyone I apologize, just chime in. Saturday's cook will start around 5am. I think Phils plans was to use the Pork Master Shwag in wagon and Mr. Dirts BBQ for the big meats on Friday and the FE's and my smoker on saturday Morning for the ribs and chicken. And we will then use whatever for holding the meats. If you guys cant make it friday just give us the heads up and we will figure it out. Nothing is set in stone with what smokers to use but he thought this would make the most scense. He was also driving and on his cell phone on speaker phone so he kept throwing random thoughts out, and was also getting lost when he was driving. This should be a fun time and with all the people who said they will help, a nice enjoyable time, even with sacco there.

timzcardz 08-21-2012 06:52 AM

Paul,

Confirming that my brother Mike, and I, and maybe my son Mike, will be there Friday, but probably not until after 7 (we only get home around 6).

Grizzly6 08-21-2012 07:26 AM

As a vet myself I would love to assist, however I will be unable to make the trip. If anyone wants to get froggy and do something like this in Iowa at one of the sites I would love to help, assist, cook, rub elbows or just show up and eat some grub...

MikeR 08-21-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timzcardz (Post 2183813)
Paul,

Confirming that my brother Mike, and I, and maybe my son Mike, will be there Friday, but probably not until after 7 (we only get home around 6).

And probably the newest member of our team, Mike. Edit- After further review and a text from Tim our newest member apparently can not make this.