Busy day for a busy weekend

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Smoked 83#'s of pork butt yesterday for a graduation party on July 2nd. Just after I had finished trimming 3 racks of St. Louis style spare ribs I get a call from a guy who says he was told that if he wanted good BBQ, I was the man to call. He was wondering if I could cook up some pulled pork, brisket, ribs and maybe some chicken for a 4th of July party he was having on the 2nd? Next weekend I already have one graduation on Saturday and a comp on Sunday so I figure I'll give it a shot. The party is going to be for about 50-60 people so I suggested two whole briskets separtated so he'll get slices and burnt ends, three butts, and let him decide on how many ribs and how much chicken. I told him I had just placed some trimmings from the spare ribs on the smoker and he could stop by and get a "taste" if he wanted around noon. Sure 'nough, at 12:30 three cars pull up and he introduces himself, his wife, and son-in-law to me. The wife looks really skeptical but the two guys were like to kids in a candy store checking out my outdoor kitchen set up as sweet blue wafted out of the bandera. When I openned the 'dera up there eyes got wide and they started to drool looking at the six 8# butts I had smoking away. I reached in with the tongs and pulled out the spareribs trimmings for their "taste" as the two guys were getting all giddy and the old lady had scowl on her face. I handed them each a fork then cut the rib skirts up on the cutting board. After one bite they were sold. Even the old lady smiled but had to add that it was a little "spicey" for her. The men loved it and settled on the two briskets, pulled pork, 6 racks of baby backs and 6 racks of spares.

Right on Brother Neil!! Remeber to cook a little something for yourself:wink:

I threw the spares on later in the day along with some ABT's and a fatty so we would have a little something to snack on when we had the "unveiling" of the father's day gift my wife gave me last week. A few of my good friends were "awed" with the Austrian leaded crystal Jack Daniels bottle stopper! But as my one friend said, "it's really beautiful, but why do you need a bottle stopper for JD?"!

Neil,

What's your address and what days are you cooking during the next 12 months??

I just decided that I'm planning a party for next 4th of July & thought I could drop by for some "tastes". It takes me a long time to decide anything, but after 15 or 20 visits to you place for snacks I think I'll have the menu nailed down. Oh yeah, do you serve beer too?? :lol:

Any and all Brethren are always welcome to stop by for a taste and some brew.

Neil, sounds like your own your way to a small but lucrative hobby, split off from the love of your backyard hobby. But like thirdeye said. Take care of your own needs first. We definatly got to get together this summer for a cookout. You goin to G.Rapids for the contest in July?
Mike

I'm going to try and get up there for one of the days. I want to check out Jeff's new Spicewine smoker.

Back