The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   KCBS Awards Dinner (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15122)

slat 01-04-2006 05:04 PM

KCBS Awards Dinner

How many Brothers will be attending the awards dinner in Kansas City? I am considering going. I have to work out a few details first.

Jeff_in_KC 01-04-2006 05:57 PM

I'm still planning on going but have yet to send in my $$$. I think Monday is the deadline for that.

MoKanMeathead 01-05-2006 07:54 AM

I will be there - received my ticket a few weeks ago. Bring cash for the Kookers Kare and KCBS raffles - lots of stuff to raffle off.

mod note: Changed your spelling from "Lookers" to "Kookers" It was right for a hijack

drbbq 01-05-2006 09:03 AM

I've got a ticket and a plane ticket, but I might have to change my plans.

Jeff_in_KC 01-15-2006 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drbbq
I've got a ticket and a plane ticket, but I might have to change my plans.

Hey Ray... how are things looking? You gonna make it here? If so, can I bring my copy of your book for a signature? :?:

drbbq 01-15-2006 07:23 PM

Hi Jeff,
Yes, I'm coming. I'll be at the Clarion all weekend and I'll be happy to sign your book, or anyone elses. Look for me at the bar Friday night and at the banquet. Probably a little happy hour before the banquet too.
See you there.

Jeff_in_KC 01-16-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drbbq
Hi Jeff,
Yes, I'm coming. I'll be at the Clarion all weekend and I'll be happy to sign your book, or anyone elses. Look for me at the bar Friday night and at the banquet. Probably a little happy hour before the banquet too.
See you there.

Wish I could be there Friday night too but I have to be out of town Thursday through mid-day Saturday. But I'll definitely catch up with you on Saturday evening.

Jeff_in_KC 01-21-2006 04:02 PM

Woo Hoo! Just a couple of hours to go! I'll try to post pictures either late tonight or tomorrow sometime!

Jeff_in_KC 01-22-2006 12:12 AM

Just got home from the event... quite a lot of fun and some HUGE names in BBQ were there. Our table was front row right by the stage. Food wasn't the best (I scored the chicken a 3-4-3) but the event itself was fun. They had raffles for a ton of door prizes and also about 50 contests across the country donated free entries. I didn't win a damned thing but Brother Wayne won a massage at a day spa (open invite to whip him some chit! LOL), BBQ sauce and an entry into a contest in North Carolina I believe. Got a few photos but didn't have many photo ops. Ray signed my book (Thanks Doc!) and my wife got a photo of us. Then after it was over, we got a Brethren photo... Ray, Rod, Wayne and myself. Ulcer Acres was there too but I didn't get meet Randy. I got to meet several names associated with Q and the KCBS, including Ed Roith who will be teaching the CBJ class I'm doing next weekend in St. Louis.

Anyway, I'm beat as hell so I won't be uploading any photos tonight... I'll take care of that tomorrow in this thread but it was a fun time and if any of you get a chance to be here next year, I would recommend it.

Oh yeah, and I got a chance to do a little campaigning for you too Phil! One un-named candidate said on his card he had distributed on tables that he was a candidate for the "KSBC" Board of directors. It got a few chuckles at our table! Wish I would have known that campaign business cards were being distributed before I attended and I would have gotten with you to send some to me, Phil. We'll know next time...

G'night Bros!