Came for the UDS megapost. Staying for the experience.

Shortexistence

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hello all,
I got directed here for a huge post on the UDS smoker. I liked the way everyone was helpful and willing to share their experience. I have been cooking and smoking with an ancient 22in Weber Kettle for years and stumbled on the UDS, I immediately wanted to learn everything about it. I love the amount of customization that can go into them, or not. Planning on gathering parts and building it in the next few months. Planning on posting my not so ugly build here and gaining experience from this forum in the coming months. Hopefully, I can contribute from my experience as well. This seems like a good group and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

You've found the right place.

Good to see another fellow member from NM.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome to the forum Glen from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the build!

Welocme and enjoy your stay....looking forward to your build and cook pron!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

I wish I could see the pictures on the UDS build page. Some of them are over a decade old and may not be able to be looked at. Is there a trick? Right clicking and hitting view image is not working for me.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back