• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

finally starting to take shape

ironmanerik

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is what the space looked like

P7070804.jpg

An 11x11 slab poured last July, this is the smoke shack in progress in my signature. It still looked like this Monday morning.

P7090812.jpg

post are up and 3 of the beams

P4210851.jpg

Rafters are all installed, and the post for the louvered cupola (so smoke can escape) are bolted in.

P4220853.jpg

The cupola hole from the inside

P4220854.jpg

The view from the back porch

P4220855.jpg

Putting tongue and groove and then metal roof. The metal will be a couple weeks but it should be dried in by thurs.

That's awesome!! Can't wait to see the rest. I want to do an area similar like that for all the charcoal toys I have.

Impressive, and it looks like it will be hurricane proof. OH, I see, you live in hurricane alley. Great looking build and the surrounding area looks very enticing and comfortable. Time for tending a fire and "chillin out" with a big ole glass of Iced tea! :wink:

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

Impressive, and it looks like it will be hurricane proof. OH, I see, you live in hurricane alley. Great looking build and the surrounding area looks very enticing and comfortable. Time for tending a fire and "chillin out" with a big ole glass of Iced tea! :wink:

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

I was thinking along the same lines...I bet that structure won't be falling down in the next hundred years.:heh:
That is fantastic work, thanks for sharing pictures.

Not sure what you mean, its just 4 post and a roof to keep the rain off the smoker.

Ah. You said "smoke shack" which I misunderstood to mean an enclosed space for smoking large amounts of biggish cuts like hams and such. You see, I was having dreams of lovely pig bellies and legs, all gently hanging in the smokey environs and...:doh::redface:

Back