The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A BBQ Brethren Event/NY Battle of BBQ Brethren - Manorville 2011 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99371)

big brother smoke 04-06-2011 03:22 PM

I booked a gig on the 4th. So, unless I can fly out Friday morning you Farkers may be saved, chit!

rbsnwngs 04-06-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye (Post 1602689)
Awesome work guys. Round one at the VFW is on me next weekend assuming I can find a stamp to mail the app.

i mailed you a stamp today

MAsQue 04-06-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1602614)
WE HAVE to give credit where credit is due!!! As i stated in my post above, Brian(MasQue) and Wes(Westex)discovered this venue last winter. We visited it in pitch dark and rain and spoke to the owners.

On the way back from visiting a venue out east with WillyB, I was heading to the country fairgrounds. I passed right by this place and decided to check it out in the daytime for chits and giggles. Well, The owners were right there, out front emptying supplies from the car and were looking at me like I was a stalker. I rolled down the windows and reintroduced myself. It was pure luck they remembered me....

We need to buy brian and wes a beer http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/images/beer.png for finding this place originally. They did a ton of work and laid all the ground work last winter, and I never followed up. Passing by yesterday at the right time was nothing but fate. Without them, I would still be hunting and starting from scratch .

Thanks for the acknowledgment, Phil. While it was disappointing that we could not pull something together for the original June date, it works out in the end since we can now "save" the Battle. This is a gorgeous location and I would really recommend that anyone who can possibly make the date be there. Grass, trees, pond, bar, pool table...what more could you ask for?

Brian

Mrs. Sawdust 04-06-2011 06:38 PM

Wooooohooo....We are the home team!!!! Yippie!!!! ( Sorry...I'll try not to act to happy) :)

BBQchef33 04-06-2011 07:37 PM

Did I mention that there are bathrooms and showers available nearby.. and a pool.

Sawdust and Mrs Sawdust. Please send everyone your address.

:)

Smokenstein & monster crew 04-06-2011 09:13 PM

Place looks incredible....Is there a motorcycle bar on site ??
Thugs/vagrants in the bushes ? What gives ? This place is DisneyWorld ! Did you say pool ? Servants? Ash removal...pinch me pinch me

early mornin' smokin' 04-06-2011 09:20 PM

it's a local watering hole, frequented by bikers. Good place, nice bartenders, quick draw, 2 king kullen's within 5 miles, liquour store, bagel place, everything's close. Honestly great job guys.

rxcellentq 04-06-2011 09:43 PM

looks great, sounds like where my dog went when I was little

Sawdustguy 04-07-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokenstien & SmokinBride (Post 1602983)
Place looks incredible....Is there a motorcycle bar on site ??
Thugs/vagrants in the bushes ? What gives ? This place is DisneyWorld ! Did you say pool ? Servants? Ash removal...pinch me pinch me

It is in fact a very friendly Biker Bar!!

Sawdustguy 04-07-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by early mornin' smokin' (Post 1602477)
Oh damn! Right down the road from my house!!!! This could not get any better, so looking forward to this comp!

I betcha we are closer.....:thumb:

early mornin' smokin' 04-07-2011 02:18 PM

well, looks like the after party's at sawdust's!

Sawdustguy 04-07-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by early mornin' smokin' (Post 1602993)
it's a local watering hole, frequented by bikers. Good place, nice bartenders, quick draw, 2 king kullen's within 5 miles, liquour store, bagel place, everything's close. Honestly great job guys.

To reiterate, within a mile there is a Starbucks, MacDonalds, King Cullen, 7-11, Bagel place, Chinese takeout, liquor store. It's easy to get to, it's LIE exit 70 make a left and it's an 1/2 of a mile on the left.

Some consider the maples to be the best biker bar in New York (The Maples).

Here is an Ariel Map from the LIE exit 70.

Quote:

If you Ride a Motorcycle then there is probably a Bar you know of that is not real close yet not too far away. Its a place you go to when you only have one day off and want to reward yourself for a job well done. Something about this place makes it worth going those extra miles for a Burger and a Beer!

If you live in the Long Island, New York area then you have probably been to "The Maples" 10 Ryerson Ave in Manorville, If not with all the great routes you can ride to get there, sooner or later I'm sure you will find yourself parking your bike in front!

The Maples draws in every type of Rider, It does not matter what you Ride, how long you have been Riding or how often you chose to Ride! When you are at the Maples you are home!

At the Maples it feels as if time is not only standing still ,but you may feel as if you have traveled back in time a few years! Even though the Maples is only about a mile North of exit 70 off the LIE you will feel like the stress of your life is a Million miles away! Relaxing at the Maples is an easy thing to do.

Inside you can hang out at the main Bar, shoot a game of Pool or enjoy some of their great food in the large dinning area. Maybe you are more like me and after a nice Ride you enjoy relaxing out side.Well at the Maples you can relax on the huge side deck,Where if you are a fan of Trains you can enjoy the view of the Trains slowly rolling by as if out of a scene from a Norman Rockwell Painting!

Then there is the Huge back deck where there is a full service Bar, Jukebox, Pool table and more often then not a live band! Many Couples like to unwind over by the Perfectly landscaped Pond or walk around the huge backyard!

As the Maples is a Biker friendly bar you will find that many bike events are held there! After a trip to "the Maples" You will understand why many call it the Best Biker Bar in the Northeast and say that a day at the maples is more relaxing then a weekend trip upstate!

The Maples offers Long Islanders everything the Upstate Country Bars do, Well except maybe that Ride threw the City!

I will see you There !!! Your Bro LJ James AmericanBikerX.com

early mornin' smokin' 04-07-2011 03:03 PM

don't forget a 24hr Mcdonalds, pizzeria with delivery all within a mile. And an Ace Hardware, Beer Distributor and 2 prime butcher's within 5 miles. Speaking of beer, since this contest is basically in a bars backyard, are there going to be any rules about bringing our own refreshments?

Smokenstein & monster crew 04-07-2011 03:19 PM

I see red cups everywhere:shock::shock::shock:

Sawdustguy 04-07-2011 03:27 PM

I forgot to add that it is easy to get to via the Bridgeport and Orient Point Ferries for any New England Teams that want to participate.

Directions from the Orient Point-New London Ferry: Google Maps Directions

Directions from the Bridgeport-Port Jefferson Ferry: Google Maps Directions