The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A BBQ Brethren Event/NY Battle of BBQ Brethren - Manorville 2011 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99371)

timzcardz 03-29-2011 10:38 AM

PHIL,

See my follow-up PM to you.

Westexbbq 03-29-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1593451)
still working on it and have some VERY good prospects. Checked one out today. 5 acre patch of grass.. no electric or bathrooms, no gate but they have water.

they want $5000.00 a day. (yes, FIVE THOUSAND).

WTF

You talking to Max Yasgur??????

Hope some of those other prospects turn out.
Let us know if we can assist.

timzcardz 03-29-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westexbbq (Post 1593789)
You talking to Max Yasgur??????

Wes, you're dating yourself again! :laugh:

Smokenstein & monster crew 03-29-2011 05:14 PM

I Pm(nd) an idea, guess she was NO good....

How about BBQ FOR BABIES, like Bikers for babies (dee snider from twisted sister does that on the island every year...get someone to donate some land time in the name of charity...... $5000 Could help alot of babies
Or clints driveway rocks, You got good electric ???

Smokenstein & monster crew 03-29-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timzcardz (Post 1593803)

I dated myself for a year, we couldnt agree on anything
I had to break it off, was hurt & happy at the same time :heh:

CBQ 03-30-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodbuddiesbbq (Post 1590996)
How about this...move it to Rhode Island...get the Jack Daniels folk to "recognize" it and I think the winner goes to the Jack. I do not know of another Rhode Island qualifier...is their one?

That would be awesome if another venue cannot work.

There is not currently a RI contest, so a sanctioned event there would be a auto-qualifier for the Jack. It's probably only 50 miles from Long Island, but only if you swim. :becky: Otherwise it's a 3-4 hour drive from LI.

I sent Phil the details.

ique 03-30-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodbuddiesbbq (Post 1590996)
How about this...move it to Rhode Island...get the Jack Daniels folk to "recognize" it and I think the winner goes to the Jack. I do not know of another Rhode Island qualifier...is their one?

That would be awesome if another venue cannot work.

And schedule it for the last weekend of August. You'd get people signing up from all over the country looking for the last chance auto-bid

speedrcer1 03-30-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timzcardz (Post 1593803)

Not like he mentioned 'Wavy Gravy"
That would be real old.
(wondering how many know who Wavy Gravy is?)

Westexbbq 03-31-2011 12:12 PM

Last time I saw him was at Texas Pop with his tie-dyed dentures!

nosmo 03-31-2011 06:12 PM

a few years ago (about 3-4 ish) the central islip street fair advertised a bbq contest, I went to see my first competition. there was none,also very few classic cars showed up.Maybe it was due to poor organizing , maybe they, the camber of commerce,would be willing to give it another go.if approached right.

BBQchef33 04-02-2011 03:34 PM

I remember that fair. if its the one im thinking of, it was bad planning and lack or publicity that made it fall thru.

now, just to keep you folks updated on BotB.

i visited 4 individual venues this week and spoke with various forms of management. I am waiting on word from 3 of them, and the fourth, if it comes thru, will be our home for as long as we want. It will be our own event, with no dependencies except on ourselves. (A lesson learned from WillyB).

We will rent the area a few times a year and have our contests there. We are negotiating rates that will include water, power, and trash pickup. It will cost a few bucks to rent, but hopefully we can get enough sponsorship to cover a portion of those costs. If the ratres are reasonable, I will shoot for at least 2 events. Im no longer open to piggy backing on other events that can drop us at their whim. This will be ours. it will also let us return to a grilling contest on saturday. I have a load of plans for that, which was put on hold last year due to the required fundraiser for the host. Many places will exchange the fundraiser portion on their behalf for rental $$. The most drustraiting thing about finding venues is 'whats in it for me', even when we are renting and paying for the property. Next comes Board of Health, event insurance, and permits.

I will have a better idea on Monday. If for some reason all falls thru, we can always rent the same VFW that willie does for 2011 and that will give us more time to secure an independant venue for next year. So this contest WILL happen one way or another.

I'll keep you posted, and if you folks can cross your fingers, do a dance, say a prayer, do whatever it is you do to make chit happen..fell free to do it! Every little bit helps. :)

speedrcer1 04-02-2011 08:21 PM

Thanks for your tireless efforts Phil!
:clap2:

(and I'll be in Pocono)

exhorns 04-03-2011 09:49 AM

Phil, Thanks for your tireless efforts to keep this contest alive. I know for a team like ours this contest is great. We don't do many contests so would hate losing it because it's close to home and a friendly atmosphere. Matt

Smokenstein & monster crew 04-03-2011 10:34 AM

Sounds like a plans in place, & hopefully all the ducks line up.....
I was actually looking forward to clints driveway......
but an event, with no piggyback sounds like it has potential
to become something more of what you would like it to be anyway..:thumb:

on a side note : My logo just in, going to color (this thing is sweeeeeeet)
Smokenstein & The Monster Crew :clap2:

BBQchef33 04-05-2011 12:05 PM

WE ARE ON. Venue secured. :)

Sent from my Droidx using tapatalk and thats probably why the typing is worse than usual.