The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A BBQ Brethren Event/NY Battle of BBQ Brethren - Manorville 2011 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99371)

Westexbbq 06-29-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westexbbq (Post 1690787)
All details should be forthcoming fairly soon.

Howz that for fairly soon?

motoeric 06-29-2011 08:28 PM

Grilling

What sort of containers are the competitors being given for the grilling comp and are all categories open garnish?

Eric

EDIT

Sorry, didn't see the post at the bottom of page 16. Feel free to delete this if need be.

BigBarry 06-29-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdustguy (Post 1667137)
Phil (Poobah),

Could you spell our team name correctly on the Battle of the BBQ Brethren site. Pollack is a fish. A Polock is a fat guy of Polish decent who thinks he can BBQ.

Sawdustguy and something smells fishy.

So it's Two Fat Pallets? Two Fat Palettes?

I hear that you guys are on the way to renaming to Two FIT Polocks!!

Oh, and Phil it's Team BigBarryQ (get it? BBQ?) One word. Thanks. I want it to look right on the trophy, ya know.

Smokenstein & monster crew 06-30-2011 09:05 AM

While we are at it :-P
Its Smokenstein not Smokenstien....:-D
even though its say ie on my call tag with the bride, before i knew correct horror lingo

Like igor says in young frankenstein-----Frooderick Frankensteen

slowerlowerbbq 06-30-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokenstien & SmokinBride (Post 1692048)
While we are at it :-P
Its Smokenstein not Smokenstien....:-D
even though its say ie on my call tag with the bride, before i knew correct horror lingo

Like igor says in young frankenstein-----Frooderick Frankensteen

And one more....

It's Slower Lower BBQ, not Lower Slower BBQ...that just wouldn't make any sense (it's a Delaware thang).

Thanks Phil!!!

motoeric 07-01-2011 12:51 AM

Help?

Hi,

There may be some backyard BBQ'ers who have limited experience w/ competitions who would be interested in participating.

Is there anyone willing to keep an eye on a new team and offer advice as needed? I'd happily volunteer, but I'm the last person that should be offering advice on cooking at comps.

They participated in a casual ribs and chicken contest earlier this year and I think that having someone to depend on for tips and advice would make them a lot more comfortable about competing.

Thanks!

Eric

Smokenstein & monster crew 07-01-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoeric (Post 1693186)
Hi,

There may be some backyard BBQ'ers who have limited experience w/ competitions who would be interested in participating.

Is there anyone willing to keep an eye on a new team and offer advice as needed? I'd happily volunteer, but I'm the last person that should be offering advice on cooking at comps.

They participated in a casual ribs and chicken contest earlier this year and I think that having someone to depend on for tips and advice would make them a lot more comfortable about competing.

Thanks!
i
Eric

If they have camera's ? I say clint

BBQchef33 07-02-2011 11:40 AM

The cooks packet is available here, and on the contest website.

i will be calling all teams individually to answer questions and introduce myself.

if you have paid via paypal and not sent in your application, please send it in. I need the info on the application such as email addys phone numbers and the names to write on the checks to the winners.

We are at 24 teams. One month out. Pretty Good. We will limit at 30, maybe 35 depending on power and space.

BBQchef33 07-02-2011 11:18 PM

if anyone printed a copy of this, please reprint page 2 and 8. I made some corrections..

we are paying to 5th in all categories, not 3rd.

and I corrected a phone number on page 8...

:)... sorry. But I'm not known for my typing skills.

SmokeInDaEye 07-03-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokenstien & SmokinBride (Post 1693294)
If they have camera's ? I say clint

No cameras allowed but yes, I would be happy to help. Can they set up next to me? And make sure "smokenstien" is far far away.... :)

SmokeInDaEye 07-05-2011 10:48 AM

Is there a train station anywhere near the location?

Sledneck 07-05-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye (Post 1698238)
Is there a train station anywhere near the location?

Ironically th maples restaurant was the location of the old train stop that was torn down in the 60's. The closest station now is yap hank I think,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manorville_(LIRR_station)

timzcardz 07-05-2011 11:38 AM

Actually, the Speonk station is a little closer than Yaphank.

Yaphank is about 7.5 miles from The Maples, and only has 2 trains in each direction per day on the weekends.

Speonk is about 5.5 mile and has 10 to 12 trains per day in each direction on the weekends.

Smokenstein & monster crew 07-05-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye (Post 1696395)
No cameras allowed but yes, I would be happy to help. Can they set up next to me? And make sure "smokenstien" is far far away.... :)

Ive been at your side twice at contests, & your magic has not made its way over to my smoker...maybe ide have better luck ???
If i was far far away......then again not having luck with home recipes either