Balsamic In Injection Marinade?

R

Rocco05

Like everyone on here, I love que in many different forms and am always looking for new ingredients to use. While I've had many compliments for my barbecue, some day I will come up with that perfect recipe that people won't stop talikng about. Does anyone ever use balsamic vinegar for que? I know that it goes great with pork and poultry...loins, etc.

Balsamic is a nice touch on butt's injection--most of the time.

TIM

Yes, but depending on the ratio to other non-acid ingredients, it can over tenderize the meat if left too long or if the ratio is too acid heavy.

For an injection, I'd keep the ratio to 1 Tbsp Balsamic to 1 cup of oil or other liquid. Mimic a "Light" salad dressing and if it tastes too acidic, it probably is.

For a finishing drizzle, go for your desired taste instead of specific ratio. I sometimes put quite a bit in my finished pulled pork until I get that bang of flavor that I'm looking for.

I'm interested in using it in a brisket marinade...Hmmm....

Mamma used to marinate beef roasts with red wine vinegar as I was growing up and that was savory, but balsamic will compliment onions and garlic for the marinade and I'm gonna' use a java-style rub for a nice crusty burnt end punch. If there's any leftovers, they'll work nicely in a mac-n-cheese.

Mamma used to marinate beef roasts with red wine vinegar as I was growing up and that was savory, but balsamic will compliment onions and garlic for the marinade and I'm gonna' use a java-style rub for a nice crusty burnt end punch. If there's any leftovers, they'll work nicely in a mac-n-cheese.
A Friend of mines mother was German and used to marinate roast in vinegar and other stuff and called it Saurbraten or some such... It was always wonderful.... let us know how it turns out

Back