The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   What have they got to hide? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130801)

Smoke Ring 04-16-2012 04:30 PM

What have they got to hide?

From the KCBS board of director's minutes:

MOTION: Candy Weaver - I move that the Accuconference recording of closed session meetings be discontinued and all past recordings of all KCBS meetings be discarded.

MOTION: Candy Weaver - Further, I moved that all future AccuConference recording of board meetings made be eliminated after the completion and posting of the MP3 recording of the meeting on kcbs.us Motions tabled until next month.

MOTION - Steve Farrin: I move that any and all BOD members that desire access to the AccuConference recordings of past meetings be given access. Seconded by George Mullins, a roll call vote was requested. The vote was as follows:

(5) Ayes: Arlie Bragg, Dave Compton, George Mullins, Steve Farrin, Jeff Stith
(6) Noes: Mike Budai, Randy Bigler, Tana Shupe, Mark Simmons, Paul Kirk, Candy Weaver
(1) Abstained: Mike Lake

With 5 ayes, 6 noes, and one abstaining, the motion failed.

What's in those recordings of closed sessions that is so incriminating that the board not only wants to destroy them but also prevent the new board members from even listening to them?

Smokedelic 04-16-2012 06:59 PM

Arlie may be the only one who can answer that question.

Sledneck 04-17-2012 08:32 AM

Not suprised at all

bover 04-17-2012 09:03 AM

I'm actually kind of surprised the meetings were ever recorded in the first place. It's my understanding that a nonprofit is not obligated to do so in any way, shape or form. Sounds to me like this is just a good housekeeping measure.

Maybe I'm just naive, but why would we assume that this motion has anything to do with covering things up?

timzcardz 04-17-2012 09:48 AM

So, Board members are denied access to Board records?

I wish I could say it was unbelievable.

Candy Sue 04-17-2012 10:06 AM

My motions are tabled again for next month. Motion #3 is denied pending finalization and execution of Non-disclosure Agreements by all KCBS board members and office staff.

Recordings go back to 2005, board meetings and committee meetings. These should never have been retained, IMO. Listen to the mp3 if you want details.

Candy Sue, writing on my own behalf and not reflecting in any way more than my own opinion.

Sledneck 04-17-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Sue (Post 2018642)
My motions are tabled again for next month. Motion #3 is denied pending finalization and execution of Non-disclosure Agreements by all KCBS board members and office staff.

Recordings go back to 2005, board meetings and committee meetings. These should never have been retained, IMO. Listen to the mp3 if you want details.

Candy Sue, writing on my own behalf and not reflecting in any way more than my own opinion.

You make your typical disclAimer but yet your opinion is reflected in your vote.

Smoke'n Ice 04-17-2012 10:49 AM

If you read her statment which, I believe is in English, she stated it was her own opinion and that is the way she voted, so what is wrong with that?

drbbq 04-17-2012 10:53 AM

But as long as we have this historical record why would we destroy it now? I understand the Non-disclosure but I don't understand destroying our legacy. Like it or not KCBS is an amazing story and maybe someday a competent author will write the book. And when it happens those type of archives will be really valuable. The stuff that is truly proprietory can then be easily worked around.

dmprantz 04-17-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Sue (Post 2018642)
Motion #3 is denied pending finalization and execution of Non-disclosure Agreements by all KCBS board members and office staff.

Considering what has happened in the past, it makes perfect sense to me to not release priviledged information until there is at least an NDA in place to protect it. That said, since you brought it up, I'm curious: Once all NDAs have been executed, would you vote to allow current board members to hear the recordings of past executive sessions before they vote whether or not to delete them?

dmp

Leatherheadiowa 04-17-2012 11:14 AM

What would they do to me if I had downloaded and save EVERY mp3 that had been posted? What is stopping someone from continuing to do that? The KCBS transparency is looking very sketchy at the moment. I appreciate the four new board members doing what they said they would. That says alot for the rest.
Sadly this is BJ writing on my own behalf, stating what a great deal of the membership are thinking.

dmprantz 04-17-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leatherheadiowa (Post 2018739)
What would they do to me if I had downloaded and save EVERY mp3 that had been posted? What is stopping someone from continuing to do that?

It's very possible that I am misreading the motions above (I haven't listened to the MP3), but it appears that what was suggested was to delete the original recordings and retain the MP3. I'm not aware of the format of the originals, but that position makes sense to me considering that it may cost money and take up considerable space to retain the originals.

That said, while I would welcome audio archives, any one doing that without the KCBS blessing should be careful. I'm sure there is a copyright and relatively limmited grant (or there soon will be) associated with downloading the published MP3s.

dmp

Candy Sue 04-17-2012 02:42 PM

Daniel's got this right. MP3s are public record. I've got a bunch of them on my ipod. I figure it's like storing back issues of the Bullsheet, but none is used for anything but my own personal use.

Scottie 04-17-2012 03:52 PM

I'd rather be able to see the disclosures. That is way more telling of who has the magic keys.

drbbq 04-17-2012 05:50 PM

Same old same old.