The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Aprons, Tee shirts.. Grafitti?? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6814)

BBQchef33 09-06-2003 01:47 AM

Aprons, Tee shirts.. Grafitti??

well?? first cut.... comments??? I know I need new flames.

david 09-06-2003 05:12 AM

It's really quite disturbing :D

Oldtimer 09-06-2003 07:35 AM

Don't it need a Schaffer can somewhere ?

BBQchef33 09-06-2003 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david
It's really quite disturbing :D

only if your the pig. :)

parrothead 09-06-2003 07:52 AM

That is kind of a gay looking pig, good start though

BBQchef33 09-06-2003 08:42 AM

ok greg, and exactly how do you tell when a pig is gay? And more importantly, how do YOU know? :shock:

parrothead 09-06-2003 08:54 AM

Quote:

ok greg, and exactly how do you tell when a pig is gay? And more importantly, how do YOU know?
Can't you see the smile on his face? He looks as happy as can be.

chad 09-06-2003 12:23 PM

Great first cut.

Need to put the web address on there somewhere, maybe?? Or, never mind, it can go on the "text" portion of the shirt, apron, etc.

I'm guessing we'll be kicking this around at B2??

Davewey 09-06-2003 12:59 PM

kicking it around I'm excepting you all to be wearing the shirts by then

david 09-06-2003 02:04 PM

Quote:

I know I need new flames.
Let's just loose the flames altogether. They don't really add anything.

StLouQue 09-06-2003 03:14 PM

Cool first shot. My impressions? The "B" and "S" in Brothers seem tough to distinguish. Reduce the text curvature, and/or place the "Brothers in Smoke" on a banner? I would say the pig needs a bit more of a crazed look...a little less Three Little Pigs-like. Also, I feel the knives overwhelm the logo...I would try reducing their size and increasing the size of the pig's head. I agree, the flames don't work for me. Is the shield necessary? Couldn't the remaining elements stand without it?

I know this reads negative, but I really like the core concept. Work it , brother but I believe less is more.

StLouQue 09-06-2003 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brd1958

Nah, Schaeffer isn't everywhere. Maybe a regional chapter logo should include a can up a chicken arse.

BBQchef33 09-06-2003 03:25 PM

ok, i sent it to a friend whos a graphic artist. Hes gonna play with it a little.

hes gonna work the flames, the shield was only temporary, i wanted it to look like a crest, but it was just an idea. the flames are going replace the shield, and encircle the pig with a little smoke/flame coming off its ears. The text is going into a banner. I had a hell of a time finding a decent pig, if anyone can find or has a decent pig head we can use, send it over. They were all cartoony lookin things.

Keep an eye on the original in this post, i just overlay it when i make changes.

BBQchef33 09-06-2003 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StLouQue
Quote:

Originally Posted by brd1958

Nah, Schaeffer isn't everywhere. Maybe a regional chapter logo should include a can up a chicken arse.

i was gonna have it in there, but sharon says we can be sued if we do every go to cookin teams and have that on there without permission.

Bill wanted to have a contest, if anyone is inclined, send in some designs or ideas and we can pick the best one. Winner get a 6pack....... of southern flavor. :)

Davewey 09-06-2003 06:40 PM

Pig, I got Pigs