The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Restaurant Depot Membership via KCBS (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71891)

ammoore 11-01-2009 06:38 PM

Restaurant Depot Membership via KCBS

From the KCBS Website
Restaurant Depot Membership KCBS Members can now receive a free membership to Restaurant Depot. Present your current KCBS membership card and the access number 5717668 to receive your Restaurant Depot card today.

OK...so I went in to the nearest RD and guess what...I was told I can not get a card because there are multiple people already registered to the KCBS account. The lady said she could however give me a temp. one day pass.

I just wanted to check it out so the one day pass was ok. I wasn't in the mood to argue with her but logically if there are already multiple people registered under the KCBS account, then having multiple people on one account isn't an issue.

Just curious if anyone else had any success using this "free membership to Restaurant Depot". I was impressed with their meat selection and would like to use them for my contest meat going forward.

MilitantSquatter 11-01-2009 06:40 PM

May want to contact the KCBS office to seek resolution. Or maybe one of the BOD members will see this.

Jacked UP BBQ 11-01-2009 08:14 PM

I have a restaurant depot card and it was FREE!

HoDeDo 11-01-2009 08:38 PM

Our RD manager was not aware of it either. I asked them when we were in last time how many folks had taken advantage of it, he had never heard of it... so I showed him the Bullsheet, and he was still clueless lol

Yakfishingfool 11-01-2009 08:42 PM

We encountered this on the island. I told them that I was using their "tax ID number" from KCBS and registering it under my name. Bingo, it worked. Oh It'z BBQ is registered at RD. Now if there was one closer than 90 minutes away. Scott

Jeff_in_KC 11-01-2009 08:49 PM

Large, spread out corporation... slow communication within. I'm surprised that of all places, the RD in Kansas City would not know. Maybe it takes awhile.

txschutte 11-01-2009 08:54 PM

Haha!! The nearest RD from me is in Denver, I believe. A 6 hour one way drive!

dhuffjr 11-01-2009 11:56 PM

Might be sending KCBS some money :>)

bbq ron 11-02-2009 05:28 AM

i got to check it out today and thx :-P:-P

Spydermike72 11-02-2009 06:16 AM

We have run into the same problem with trying to get a membership for the GLBBQA members. It is free to anyone with a Business Tax ID or paperwork from the State, but some of our members (both KCBS and GLBBQA) are not businesses that could really benefit from the savings that you can get from RD. I hope it is worked out soon.

timzcardz 11-02-2009 06:58 AM

Yes, there has been some confusion regarding this benefit.

I was to RD twice and in between had spoken to the store manager who was going to check with corporate.

Long story short, I have a card, and I don't think tha they did it the right way, but I have to assume that they know their business better than I do. :wink:

Jorge 11-02-2009 09:40 AM

I'd suggest we leave the tax issue out of the discussion from this point on.

Ashmont 11-02-2009 09:48 AM

I have a card that we use for all the church dinners. I is great quality and a price that we can have dinner fund raisers and make a decent profit.

Yakfishingfool 11-02-2009 09:48 AM

Jorge, if I could just add, that when I signed up I told them that I would be paying taxes on all purchases. She said no problem, that way I did not have to produce a tax exempt number of any kind. Scott

Jorge 11-02-2009 10:07 AM

Mod note: I've done some cleanup on paying taxes. That issue is not relevant to the original intent of this thread.

I've left the post from Yakfishingfool, for those that had been following this, to make sure that his clarification of what he'd done was clear to all.