• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Backyard Competition

Williefb

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My boys and I entered our first competition on Saturday at our county fair. We were happy with the results.

Ribs - 1st
Steak - 1st
Chicken - 2nd

Overall Grand Champion

This site has been a big help. Thanks to all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 142
Awesome :clap2:! Only 2nd place chicken :p:grin:?? That is really cool. When is your next one??

Congrats!! :clap2:
Yes, this place is awesome.:becky:

I don't compete but am really curious about the backyard comps.
Could you tell us a little about it?

Congrats!
Ya know that's prob gonna make your family & friends want you
cook a lot more! :biggrin1:

Congrats. Great job on the on sweep. When the next comp?

Well.... we are cooking 20 butts for a benefit on Saturday. A young lady that went to church with us passed away suddenly leaving newborn twins and a husband behind. The benefit is for the twins. The next Saturday is the Wilson Co Fair in Lebanon, TN. We may give that one a whirl. Overall it's about spending time with my boys and that's a good thing no matter what I'm doing.

Congrats!! :clap2:
Yes, this place is awesome.:becky:

I don't compete but am really curious about the backyard comps.
Could you tell us a little about it?

I didn't think that I would ever compete either. The backyard comps don't necessarily go by kcbs rules. This one was sponsored by a local restaurant and the judges were the kitchen staff who work at the restaurant. In my opinion they judged it with the criteria that they would use in the restaurant. In other words, what tastes good and how's the appearance of the food.

It's a fun day that I would do again. My two sons are taking orders during the week and cooking whole butts on Friday nights for Saturday delivery which made this excellent exposure for their business.

Awesome job, and good work you are doing. Wish I was closer I'd lend a hand.

Back