Competition classes?

71-South

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey All,

Since the competition bug hit me, I'm really interested in taking a competition class. Is the "Competition Classes" sticky the best place to keep up on what's coming up, or is there another place/site that you can recommend?

Thanks,
Bret

Rod Gray's Pellet Envy class. Check his website for dates.

Myron Mixon's class - jacksoldsouth.com
January is full, booking for the February class now.

Scottie Johnson Cancersuckschicago.com puts on a great class in the winter/spring and announces it on this website.

If you want to learn a different way you can look into Competing with a good team at a comp. Cost is roughly the same as a class but varies depending on what team it is. This also gives you a chance to cook with a team that uses similar equipment as you.

Check out "Friends of OBR" on Facebook. They are putting on a great class with all of the proceeds going to Opeartion BBQ Relief.

Have you been corn fed? We were...kicked up our game big time! Check out Tippy Canoe and Big T'z website for classes! :thumb:

Hey All,

Since the competition bug hit me, I'm really interested in taking a competition class. Is the "Competition Classes" sticky the best place to keep up on what's coming up, or is there another place/site that you can recommend?

Thanks,
Bret
This is as good a place...or better...than most other BBQ forums. You can check out the KCBS website as well. A lot if great teams teaching BBQ these days...Swamp Boys, Pellet Envy, Cancer Sucks Chicago, Johnny Trigg, Myron Mixon...and the above mentioned Corn Fed Boys. We look for specifics to up our game...
Good luck!

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Back