IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "On a Stick!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"On a Stick!"

As chosen by Shagdog for winning the "Let's make Dagwood Drool" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Jonny_Rotisserie.jpg

This was Jonny Rotisserie's Winning Entry in the Beef Ribs TD in 2010!

Shagdog said:
I'm thinking "on a stick" I looked back at the last couple of years and didn't see it done..

Wood, metal, rotisserie, whatever, as long as your food is cooked while being impaled by a long pointy implement of some sort. Bones do not count, unless you fashion a skewer from a bone in some sort of Macguyver maneuver because you're too cheap to pop .99 to purchase some skewers.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 2/7 through Sunday 2/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 2/17

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Yes! Toothpicks qualify, so moinks, ABTs, and pig shots all work. You can't just stick a toothpick in a steak or anything though.. The stick or skewer should serve a purpose besides getting you into this throwdown.

Well then how do you mark the steak as rare or well?

We all know Uncle G like the pink toothpicks :bolt:

I was thinking of a nice med rare rib eye served on a bed of toothpicks but I need a special-rules ruling.

Would the multiple toothpicks get me a DQ?

I could just as easily serve it on a bed of toothpick instead. :noidea:

Sooooo if I put a stick through my meat it don't count..........:twitch:

That's what I'm talkin bout! Nice sticks Uncle G!

Is that shirt pink? I think I'm seeing a pattern here...

That one's dusty rose now. It started out mauve, but I've had it for about 15 years...

I was hoping to talk Moose into have a special moink TD so any of us farkers wanting to be more cerifiable than we already are…. could jump on the band wagon.

Thanks, Matt, this is just what I wanted!

Back