The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Grilling and BBQ techniques? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116838)

macc613 09-22-2011 09:36 PM

Grilling and BBQ techniques?

I work with another brethren and he introduced me to the site. Wanted to know if you could share some good grilling and bbq techniques with me for steaks and ribs, chicken etc? look forward to the responses thanks

Crazy Harry 09-22-2011 09:42 PM

Just start browsing around. checkout the roadmap in the sticky section at the top of Q-talk.

Boshizzle 09-22-2011 09:42 PM

Steaks - as hot & as fast as possible and a rest for about 10 - 20 minutes. Or, do a reverse sear where you slowly bring the meat up to about 125 degrees F and then hit it with high heat to sear the outside and let it rest a few minutes.
Chicken - Around 300 degrees F for about an hour to 1.5 hours
Ribs - 5 to 6 hours at 275 degrees F.

Start browsing this site.

macc613 09-22-2011 10:06 PM

Thanks for the tips. I am just now really trying to get into this. all suggestions will be used

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 09-22-2011 11:20 PM

What smoker or grill do you have?

rondini 09-22-2011 11:23 PM

Meatloafs 300+ deg app. 1 hr
fatties ditto
there is a lot of info here on how to do some good food

Blackened 09-22-2011 11:44 PM

Boil ribs using grandma's precious rib boiling recipe.. actually scratch that one.. just check in regularly and read the threads that peak your interest, you'll be a pro in no time.. What are you cooking on?

Black Dog BBQ 09-23-2011 06:45 AM

Welcome to the forum! You are going to love this place! Everything you ever wanted to know about smoking and grilling meat can be found here.

Lake Dogs 09-23-2011 06:49 AM

Welcome. You can also see where folks have a sense of humor here (like Blackened above).

I suggest reading a little here. Run a few searches for topics, you should find LOADS of information and suggestions.

For starters, know that grilling and smoking (barbecue) have very little if anything in common other than there's fire involved. Grilling is hot and fast, usually directly over the heat source, where as barbecue is low and slow and usually the heat source is indirect. Grilling may or may not involve smoke, and barbecue almost always has it (if not too much sometimes).

And, off you go.

Steaks, hamburgers, usuallly chicken and sausage, etc. grilling.

Pork butts, picnics, whole shoulders, briskets, ribs, etc. best for barbecue.

DirtyDirty00 09-23-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc613 (Post 1796829)
I work with another brethren and he introduced me to the site. Wanted to know if you could share some good grilling and bbq techniques with me for steaks and ribs, chicken etc? look forward to the responses thanks

LOL! thats like walking into a hardware store and saying "hey guys, how do you build a house?" start off slow. maybe start with "how do i make a foundation?"

we got some great techniques here and these guys give the best advice you can ever ask for. itll just help to ask more specific questions to get answers! over time, if you remember everything and practice, youll ultimately get the answer to your original question. :becky:

DirtyDirty00 09-23-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackened (Post 1796935)
Boil ribs using grandma's precious rib boiling recipe..

o man. that was one of my favorite threads of all time! :laugh:

JD08 09-23-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDirty00 (Post 1797122)
o man. that was one of my favorite threads of all time! :laugh:

Grandma's famous 100 year old rib recipe. Priceless.