Grinding, smoking, and making sausage by TQ and Tyler

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well it was time to grind some meat and this past weekend we did it. We made bacon burger from some bacon I had cured and smoked. We added the bacon to deer meat. We also made regular deer hamburger with added beef fat. We also made breakfast sausage using wild hog with boston butt and AC Legg seasoning made in Alabama. In my opinion Legg is hands down the best I have tried em all. We also made summer sausage with Jalapeno and cheese and I smoked it on my reverse flow at 200 degress and Know I did not render one drop of fat it is OFF THE CHAIN GOOD!!!!!!

This is big Red a co-worker and my wife Sharon, she is the one Yall have been praying for. Her hair is coming back and she started her 1st round of radiation today. She has 5 weeks of it, thru with chemo keep praying!!!!!!

TQ and big Red hard at it

This is the summer sausage

Summer sausage in the smoker I smoked for 5hrs until I reached an internal temp of 152 degrees then put them in an ice water bath till temp dropped to 115

Any recipe here I will share everything we did was awesome and I would not change one thing at all

Got tired of looking at sausage and made me and Mamma stir fry for supper MMMMM MMMMM GOOD!!!!!

Awesome! Really makes me wanna try making some sausage. Always wanted to but never have.

Brother it is so easy you will never want to go back to store bought again. Just read up a lot and once you start you will just throw your own twist on it!!!

Wow! Looks really great Paul! Happy to see Sharon helping too. :thumb:
Still keeping you all in my thoughts.

Your food looks awesome.
Prayers sent to your wife and family for a rapid and full recovery!

Is there any thing you can't do???

Hope and pray that the rest of her treatment goes well and she recovers quickly!!!

Looking good man! It's been a while since I made any sausage, I might have to get some made up at the weekend. Best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery

Killer products! I totally agree with ya on the Legg's. Best wishes and prayers there too.

One thing I wanted to say is I have been on this site for a couple of years now and it has been very good, thanks to all who contribute and again thanks for the continued prayers for me and my family!!!!!

It's great to see Sharon doing well, so happy for the two of you and yer family, still keeping you in our thoughts. Oh yea, good looking cook too.

Back