• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Vending Trailer Food signs/banners

MattG

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Can anyone post thier food signs/banners so that I can get some ideas?
Also how many of you are taking credit cards and what % does that make up? Do people tend to buy more food with a credit card? Thanks

We've been using the square app on an ipad to use as a register for when we vend, it'll record cash and credit card transactions. So as a result we use square to accept credit cards as well. I'd say probably 20% of transactions are CC based, I like to have it only for those people who don't carry cash (like myself).

unless you have an ATM onsite, accepting credit cards is a necessary evil. Even if you do have one, some people really don't like straying away from their own banks atm to avoid the fees.

I'd say 50% + is CC for me, I started with the square but moved to Chase PaymentTech I use a big white board for my menu.

hkfy.jpg

We also use Square and I'd say we average 20-25% CC sales when vending. It costs me 2.7% of each transaction for Square.

Google or eBay have a large selection for attention getting signs and flags, something a little more personal up close like that wood trim white board, some hay bales etc help.

Square is simple, no salesperson, no contract

After a lot of research I went with Intuit Merchant Services for our CC processing. Too many bad reviews and horror stories about Square. I did check into Chase Paymentech and at the time I was looking they had no mobile option and the hard wired option would not fit my internet/phone physical setup. I was not banking with them at the time (I am now though) and that may have changed. Chase did clue me in to a program that had much better terms if you were a Verizon phone and/or DSL customer.

After a lot of research I went with Intuit Merchant Services for our CC processing. Too many bad reviews and horror stories about Square. I did check into Chase Paymentech and at the time I was looking they had no mobile option and the hard wired option would not fit my internet/phone physical setup. I was not banking with them at the time (I am now though) and that may have changed. Chase did clue me in to a program that had much better terms if you were a Verizon phone and/or DSL customer.
We use Square and so far have not had any problems with anything. We did place a $ 10 limit on CC purchase's, helps us sell more. Chase is our bank, and I see they now have a mobile app for I phones, I looked into it because we bank with them, however, (like most banks) they charge a $ 9.95 fee per month to use their service. So I am going to stick with Square

Back