• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kosmo's & Bovine Bold - Long

Rookie'48

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well, I got hold of a couple of CABs the other day & decided to try some of that Kosmo's Brisket Injection. This is the first time that I've used this stuff but it won't be the last :-D. I started with a 12 pound CAB packer, trimmed all of the fat off (a la HoDeDo), injected with 3/4 cup Kosmo's mixed with 2 cups unsalted beef broth (Swanson's ?), then gave it a good rub of Plowboy's Bovine Bold. The brisky then went into a 2 1/2 gallon zip-lock to rest over night. I turned the bag twice in 12 hours then re-rubbed it with Bovine before I put it on the UDS loaded up with RO briquettes and some cherry chunks, running at about 275*. When the flat got to 170* I split the point off, cubed it (the point), gave it a heavy dose of Bovine Bold & put the chunks in a pan to smoke for burnt ends. All good so far, right?
It's a good thing that I used all of that injection mix because time & temp got away from me at the end. When I got my head out of my arse the flat was at 190* so I quickly pulled it out of the drum, wrapped, toweled & rested for no more than an hour. It was over cooked, almost pull-able at the edges but still very moist & tasty. The flat, outside of MY screw up, was one of the best that I have ever done & the burnt ends WERE the best I've done :-D:-D:-D.
If the Kosmo's & Bovine Bold can make me happy when I screw up, think how good it could have been :rolleyes:.

Attachments

• 100_1460.jpg
    100_1460.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 405
  • 100_1468.jpg
    100_1468.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 398
  • 100_1472.jpg
    100_1472.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 396
Perfect combination of injection and rub! Very very happy with the two together.

Looks good from here! Nice ring too. :)

Dave, you have a collector's item there with the "Critter Rub" shaker. That made me laugh!

Dave, you have a collector's item there with the "Critter Rub" shaker. That made me laugh!

I re-fill that from my 5 pound bag of Bovine Bold :-D. Did you sell the 075 yet? (Oops, I highjacked my own thread :eek:).

I re-fill that from my 5 pound bag of Bovine Bold :-D. Did you sell the 075 yet? (Oops, I highjacked my own thread :eek:).

I'm holding it for you. I won't be in town, but Audrey will be. Or we can see about getting it to the bash for you. It is yours until you tell me no.

I agree...Kosmos injection is an Excellent product!! I need to order me some bovine bold....Im sure that would be an outstanding combination!

I agree...Kosmos injection is an Excellent product!! I need to order me some bovine bold....Im sure that would be an outstanding combination!

GO BOLD!!!!

Looks excellent Rookie!:biggrin:

Great looking pron you got there rookie! I am glad to hear that you like the injection and if you need anything from me just let me know! Man I wish I was doing a brisket now. Dang that looks good!

Back