The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Silver Lakes Michigan Roll Call (With Results) (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31495)

Spydermike72 09-12-2007 07:40 AM

Silver Lakes Michigan Roll Call (With Results)

Ok gang, I'll get the thread going, who is going ?? I will be there, I am getting excited!! This is my first comp of the year due to work commitments (I hate when work gets in the way of fun things). I am excited to meet some new people as well, everyone stop by and say hi, I will have a "pop" for everyone that wants one!!

We are hoping to have a space for the GLBBQA to set up as well. If we are unable to get that, please stop by and we can chat about that as well. There are some great deals for the members!!

Bbq Bubba 09-12-2007 12:42 PM

Will be lookin for ya Mike, were pullin in thursday nite for the judging class and will be lookin for a "pop" shortly after, can't wait to meet some bro's!!:mrgreen:

michiana mark 09-12-2007 12:58 PM

Hopefully will be getting Thursday off to come up for judging class, then return on Sat for comp and judging.

Scottie 09-12-2007 01:25 PM

I plan on getting there on Thursday early evening. Hopefully I can get there early enough to help out Mike and Thersa Lake with their CBJ class. I tried to find my ice skates, but couldn't locate them. I was able to find my snow boots though. ;-)

Amazing that last weekend, I was cooking in Southern Illinois and it was in the 90's and the humidity was in the 90's too. Next weekend, I have to worry about getting cold...

Scottie

Ford 09-12-2007 02:04 PM

We'll drop off the MH and trailer Thursday afternoon and return Friday around 10 or so. Plan to make Hot Apple Pie Friday night to cut the chill. Might have a bottle of Jack if anybody wants a sip or two.

tonto1117 09-12-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford (Post 460641)
We'll drop off the MH and trailer Thursday afternoon and return Friday around 10 or so. Plan to make Hot Apple Pie Friday night to cut the chill. Might have a bottle of Jack if anybody wants a sip or two.

Sounds great Ford. I'm Making Shrimp and Smoked Sausauge Ettoffe, Broccoli Au gratin, Corn Bread,Pumpkin ans Cranberry Bread and a Cherry Dump cake, add your Apple pie and we have a feast. I know Walt will take you up on the sip of Jack. There is plenty of food for all (I'm Italian...I only know how to cook in large quantities :-P :-P) So Mike, Mark Scottie and girls, and anyone else please stop by for a bite if you would like. See Ya'll there

puff 09-12-2007 06:46 PM

Can't make it :sad:
But I wish the best of luck to all you Michiganders!!
Have a few "pops" for me :biggrin:

Spydermike72 09-12-2007 08:41 PM

I just got some good news from Jeff Clark, he is allowing the GLBBQA some space at the comp. Dale (BOD) will be there with some info packets and member apps.

Thanks Jeff!!

tonto1117 09-13-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spydermike72 (Post 460984)
I just got some good news from Jeff Clark, he is allowing the GLBBQA some space at the comp. Dale (BOD) will be there with some info packets and member apps.

Thanks Jeff!!

That's very cool Mike!!! See ya there.

bbqbull 09-13-2007 10:55 AM

Cant make it.........Had big plans to show up but.............not in the cards this year.

tonto1117 09-16-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford (Post 460641)

Hot Apple Pie is a wonderfull thing on a cold windy fall evening..silly me, I thought is was a an actual piece of pie...lol. Had a great time Friday night, thanks!!

It was nice to put some names to faces...good to meet ya'll.:wink:

Congrat's to all that walked!!!!

tonto1117 09-17-2007 07:58 AM

Silver Lake Results

OVERALL 34 Teams

1)All Day Smoke 630.8572
2)Pork of the North 627.4282
3)Great Lakes BBQ and Feed Co 626.2856
4)Extreme Roasters 625.1430
5)Down Home BBQ
6)Grilladellic (JR from the old Outdoor cook using a couple of kettles)
7)Florida Skin and Bones
8 Fire and Ice Q
9)Rub Me Tender
10)Doctor Porkenstein

Chicken

1)Great Lakes BBQ and Feed Co
2)Straight Meat BBQ Boys
3)Pork of the North
4)All Day Smoke
5)Grilladellic
6)Fire and Ice Q
7)Cancer Sucks Chicago
8 Extreme Roasters
9)Beechwood Inn BBQ
10)Schultz Backyard BBQ

Ribs

1)Pork of the North
2)Great Lakes BBQ and Feed Co
3)Hot, Smokey and Rightous
4)Rub Me Tender
5)All Day Smoke
6)Cancer Sucks Chicago
7)Down Home BBQ
8 Extreme Roasters
9)Hog Wild BBQ
10)Florida Skin and Bones

PORK

1)Florida Skin and Bones
2)Extreme Roasters
3)Smokin' Scotsmen
4)Down Home BBQ
5)All Day Smoke
6)Doctor Porkenstein
7)Fire and Ice Q
8 Hot, Smokey and Rightous
9)Pigs-n-Digs BQ
10)Rub Me Tender

Brisket 1)Grilladellic
2)All Day Smoke
3)Great Lakes BBQ and Feed Co
4)Doctor Porkenstein
5)Pork of hte North
6)Fire and Ice Q
7)DR Chuckies BBQ
8 Down Home BBQ
9)Beechwood Inn BBQ
10)Tamarack and No. Woods Smokers

Congrat's to all!!!

Spydermike72 09-17-2007 10:18 PM

Hey Theresa,

It was nice meeting you and your gang. I wish I could have spent some more time with you all. I was afraid my EZ-UP's were going to blow away Friday night!!

It was a great contest. Not from a team perspective (I need more practice!!) but from a friend and fellowship perspective. I got to meet a lot of new folks and got to see some old friends. I was lucky enough to be parked next to Alex from Dr Porkenstein and just across from You and Ford. What a great showing from the good folks at Silver Lakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonto1117 (Post 463452)
Hot Apple Pie is a wonderfull thing on a cold windy fall evening..silly me, I thought is was a an actual piece of pie...lol. Had a great time Friday night, thanks!!

It was nice to put some names to faces...good to meet ya'll.:wink:

Congrat's to all that walked!!!!

tonto1117 09-18-2007 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spydermike72 (Post 464548)
Hey Theresa,

It was nice meeting you and your gang. I wish I could have spent some more time with you all. I was afraid my EZ-UP's were going to blow away Friday night!!

It was a great contest. Not from a team perspective (I need more practice!!) but from a friend and fellowship perspective. I got to meet a lot of new folks and got to see some old friends. I was lucky enough to be parked next to Alex from Dr Porkenstein and just across from You and Ford. What a great showing from the good folks at Silver Lakes.

I hear you there!!! Still trying to get warm!!! It was great to meet you and your team. I think you really got the word out about the GLBBQA......y'all are doing a great job with it and I thank you. Any chance we'll see you in Libertyville in October????

Our site:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3...1932ld5ks7.jpg

Smokin Hank 09-18-2007 03:55 PM

Hi Tonto, Smokin Hank here, it was great to get a chance to talk with you and the crew on Fri.
I didn't know you were going to fix such a feast or I would have stuck around,:-D. I love cajun cooking too, where's your next comp, maybe I can contribute there.

We met a lot of great people, got a few free bones on Sat.

Isn't October in Mi. great?