D0ughB0y: Central NJ (shore)

D0ughB0y

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I'm 30, I'm a computer nerd, I love to cook. Some would say I'm a husky fella. They're lying. I'm a big fat guy.

I'm a good cook. I've got pretty good knife skills and I'm confident in my ability to make good food.

I'm totally new to BBQ. I've only had my 22.5" WSM for about a month. I've run through all of the basics of chicken, brisket, pork, and ribs on my own and the results are mediocre. In time, I'd consider doing some comps.

That being said, I know that I don't know anything about BBQ... but I want to learn.

That's where you come in. I'm looking for a mentor team. I'm not that much of a PITA and I can be somewhat amusing from time to time. I don't know if you want me running your boxes (I might die of a heart attack on the 'run'), but I'm handy with a knife, I've got a decent palate, and I'm willing to do some of the grunt work if I can learn.

Your always welcome to join Swamp Pit BBQ, any comp we do you always welcome. How far are you willing to travel?

Yep, I was just going to say DB, Anytime I'm NE you are welcome to come hang with our motley crew. Muzzello Brakerelli might crack the whip on the grilling catagories, and you need to learn the spiderman themesong...but other then that, not too much to worry about.... If you are with swamp pit, hope you have strong forearms; that shaker work is not for the meek. hehehe

Back