The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rock's BBQ (Stoker) has closed it's doors (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276505)

RJ_Make 10-27-2019 06:58 AM

Rock's BBQ (Stoker) has closed it's doors

Should have seen this coming with the discontinuation of the stoker last year and now really wish I purchased a few extra sensors.

Any idea where we can get/make some extra sensors?

Porcine Perfection 10-27-2019 08:50 AM

Not surprising at all. Stokers used to be the Cadillac ATCs. :sad:

I needed a fan, so I think I am going to go with a new set up. I am parting out my controller, a meat and pit probe, and any adapters,etc..

PM me.

Mods: If I need to start a new thread in classifieds let me know.

RJ_Make 10-27-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porcine Perfection (Post 4240008)
Not surprising at all. Stokers used to be the Cadillac ATCs. :sad:

I needed a fan, so I think I am going to go with a new set up. I am parting out my controller, a meat and pit probe, and any adapters,etc..

PM me.

Mods: If I need to start a new thread in classifieds let me know.

If you have a defective fan (still have the plug) you can just replace the fan motor. Just requires a little bit of soldering.

Porcine Perfection 10-27-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ_Make (Post 4240058)
If you have a defective fan (still have the plug) you can just replace the fan motor. Just requires a little bit of soldering.

Fan runs continuously. I believe it is in the controller box on the side of the fan.

eap0510 10-28-2019 06:45 AM

I was definitely sad last year when I learned that they were no longer going to sell their device. I sent an email and left a voice message asking them to contact me for I was interested in buying the technology from them. Unfortunately after several emails and voice messages I never received a call back.
I do not understand why someone that was getting out of the business would not be interested in selling the business.

RJ_Make 10-28-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eap0510 (Post 4240236)
I was definitely sad last year when I learned that they were no longer going to sell their device. I sent an email and left a voice message asking them to contact me for I was interested in buying the technology from them. Unfortunately after several emails and voice messages I never received a call back.
I do not understand why someone that was getting out of the business would not be interested in selling the business.

Very sad indeed. It's such a great product, with tons of flexibility.

The probes use a DS2762A chip with what appears to be a multi-layer board. Which I suspect would be very difficult to duplicate for repair/replacement needs.