Pellet Smoking....

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I've been using pellets for cold smoking sausage, cheese, and cured meats (bacon, ham, ect)..

I have been buying pellets through doitbest.com to get pellets without shipping. I just visited the Traeger site and found that when buying 2) 20 Lb bags you get free shipping, a free bottle of BBQ sauce, and a Traeger Cookbook.

Pellet Deal

I recently started mixing them into my lump and was surprised with the successful smoke and the flavor imparted on a cook, not a cold smoke.

I have always heard that pellets do not give off as much smoke flavor as wood chunks do, but I have not seen that problem here. I mixed the pellets in with my lump and it has worked well on my last two cooks even though I am not cooking in my pellet pooper.

Not sure if anyone else is looking for pellets with free shipping, but I thought it is a good deal for use with my A-Maze-N Pellet smokers as well as using with my charcoal.

Last edited:
They work great in my spoke daddy with some home made pecan chips. We fire up the small rental chipper at work and grind up about 20 lbs of fresh pecan to make sure the machine is working right. :mrgreen:

They work great in my spoke daddy with some home made pecan chips. We fire up the small rental chipper at work and grind up about 20 lbs of fresh pecan to make sure the machine is working right. :mrgreen:

I never thought of using a chipper for that. That's a great idea J$. That should work in the Amazin smoker tubes if the chips are small enough shouldn't it????

Back