The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and news (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   We are now part of the Amazon Affiliate Program (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241068)

BBQchef33 01-06-2017 01:54 AM

We are now part of the Amazon Affiliate Program

1 Attachment(s)
As we were discussing in the comments section last week, we are working on ways to offset the increase of our server costs. The combined increase in Web and Database servers more than doubled our expenses and we need to come up with some options.

One of the ways we are trying to generate some revenue is to join some affiliate programs(thanks OferL for the idea). :clap:

First new affiliate we are in.. Amazon affiliates. :bow::bow: So, if you folks would use our affiliate links when heading to Amazon, it may help keep our expenses in check and also help us to continue doing our cooks for veterans and others in need. Simply click the amazon affiliate links I've inserted on the upper menu bar, or the amazon banner ad (its in rotation with the other member ads) .

The supplied link will land you on a generic Amazon BBQ page, but you can move around normally once your there and do any shopping you want. It does not have to be a BBQ Product.

Its just first step and a way to offset our costs. Not sure what it will add up to, but its a start. I'm also working on other avenues to cover our expenses and make up for the cost increases.

Quote:

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

smoke ninja 01-06-2017 06:29 AM

Geez only 4600 notifications?

Must be a slow day

daninnewjersey 01-06-2017 08:34 AM

My wife keeps Amazon in business judging by all the "prime" boxes we receive. I'll be sure to let her know all purchases should go through this link.....

Blythewood BBQ'er 01-06-2017 09:37 AM

I'll get on wifey when she gets home.

NickTheGreat 01-06-2017 09:48 AM

Good stuff! I'll keep this in mind for the future.

Jrogers84 01-06-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daninnewjersey (Post 3714838)
My wife keeps Amazon in business judging by all the "prime" boxes we receive. I'll be sure to let her know all purchases should go through this link.....

https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/xde...&creative=9325

If you didnt already know....kinda a nice program

rdstoll 01-06-2017 11:01 AM

One suggestion to all Brethren -

If you're like me, you hate to see ads as you surf the web and have installed an Adblocker to your web browser or to Safari on your iPhone/iPad. When ads are blocked, the website doesn't receive any revenues.

I would highly suggest that you WHITELIST this website so that ads ARE allowed. This will ensure that revenue-raising efforts like this WORK for our gracious hosts and keep subscription costs down.

BBQchef33 01-06-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke ninja (Post 3714805)
Geez only 4600 notifications?

Must be a slow day

Majority of those are reports from the server log and spam attack notices. I get hundreds a day. I can tell by title which need attention.

gtr 01-06-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdstoll (Post 3714937)

If you're like me, you hate to see ads as you surf the web and have installed an Adblocker to your web browser or to Safari on your iPhone/iPad. When ads are blocked, the website doesn't receive any revenues.

I would highly suggest that you WHITELIST this website so that ads ARE allowed. This will ensure that revenue-raising efforts like this WORK for our gracious hosts and keep subscription costs down.

Yup - I didn't really think about the fact that my adblocker was also blocking ads from this site, so I disabled ad blocker for here. This is a good spot and it requires and deserves support from those who use it.

So far I'm 2 James Brown CD's in on the affiliate deal...:cool:

cueball21 01-06-2017 01:53 PM

I clicked on the adblocker icon on my Firefox screen and got a drop down menu with an option that read "Disable on bbq-brethren.com" then clicked it to disable the blocker. It now shows that line with a check mark. I hope I did it right. I couldn't find an option to view a white list; so I'm uncertain if I've got it.

Maybe someone who knows more about it can tell me.

dadsr4 01-06-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdstoll (Post 3714937)

I did this quite a while ago, the ads are quite pleasant and appropriate.
I have noticed that, after someone posts a scantily-clad woman pic or video, marriageable women from China and Eastern Block nations ads appear. Nothing racy, though.

cowgirl 01-06-2017 02:06 PM

Great idea! Kudos to OferL too.
I'll spread the word among my friends and family. :thumb:

smoke ninja 01-06-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er (Post 3714878)
I'll get on wifey when she gets home.

I cant be the only one who read this out of context

Smokiemon 01-06-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke ninja (Post 3715119)
I cant be the only one who read this out of context

Lol, nope.

BBQchef33 01-06-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cueball21 (Post 3715068)
I clicked on the adblocker icon on my Firefox screen and got a drop down menu with an option that read "Disable on bbq-brethren.com" then clicked it to disable the blocker. It now shows that line with a check mark. I hope I did it right. I couldn't find an option to view a white list; so I'm uncertain if I've got it.

Maybe someone who knows more about it can tell me.

yup.. thats how you do it...

and BTW...
Occasional taps on those ads help too. :) :decision: