Thoughts about this Rig...

samfsu

is one Smokin' Farker
What do you think about this rig for $2000?

Guy says it is 3/8" steel and built in 2007.

Attachments

• bbq1.jpg
    bbq1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 257
  • bbq2.jpg
    bbq2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 255
  • bbq3.jpg
    bbq3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 256
Looks good from the outside? How does the firebox look from a burned out prospective? Any idea why he's selling it?

I need to go look at it. I think he just needs the money. Says it is in good shape. Just trying to decide if 2k is the right price. I cant really afford it but I want something to cook for a crowd and was hoping to get it closer to 1k but i also dont want to insult him with a lowball offer.

If it ends up looking and working good, I would show up with cash in hand and make him an offer. From what I've seen $2k would be a fare price but if he needs $$$ offer less.

I would look close at the cooking chamber, it looks like the dual stacks would be a problem unless there is a baffle between the chambers I believe it would eat up somekind of fuel. Just my opinion

Seem kind of odd to me that the fire box is mounted so high. Nice looking rig though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a nice pit. I would check to see if there is a lip welded inside of the pit for the doors to rest on and for sealing. The only thing I can see that might need modifying would be to add a exhaust stack at grate level at the opposite end of the firebox. Will allow better Heat flow. Offer him $1200 and see what he says. Cash money talks and bullskit walks. I built a offset similar to that with the Round firebox mounted a little high just like that pictured, and the side by the firebox usually ran 100-125 degrees hotter near the firebox. For that $$$$ you could get a Lang 48 and if you equate actual useable cook space, they will end up being nearly the same. Unless that pit has tuning plates I will bet its gonna run way hotter on one end. The square fireboxes with a little extra height always perform better. Good luck if you decide to purchase the pit, it looks super heavy duty.

I would keep looking. I don't like the exhaust arrangement and I wouldn't be surprised if it pulls a little squirrely due to how the cooker is mounted to the trailer.

Back