Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
MO GRIDDERS BBQ
565 Hunts Point Ave Bronx NY 10474
Phone: 718-991-3046
Fax: 718-991-3061
11AM-4PM​

I had the oppurtunity to try this place on Wed as i was in the Bronx nearby. It is located in the heart of the Hunts Point section of the bronx, not exactly a tourist destination. I ordered the 3 meat sampler. I chose the ribs, pulled pork, and brisket. It comes over a bed of dirty rice and 2 pieces of white bread as well as 2 sides. For side i got mac-n-cheese and cornbread. Out of the 3 meats the one that really stood out was the Ribs.Cooked to perfection, not fall off the bone with a lite glaze. Really meaty st louis cut. The brisket and pork were moist but bland. The side were really good. The price couldnt be beat at $14.95. I also had the oppurtunity to speak to the owner/pitmaster Fred Donnelly. A real nice guy who usaed to compete KCBS. AFter hearing about my 13th place chicken he gave a lesson on his competiton chicken.He cooks on a southern pride on a big concession trailer. I really enjoyed it. Here are some pics:​

Last edited:
Nice. Thanks, Sled.

How was the smoke flavor? I've heard his stuff is generally pretty mild across the board. The ribs look dark-- hard to tell from the photo, but were they lighter in color in person?

Any idea what he was pulling out of the Cambros and the (gasp!) Microwave?

Nice. Thanks, Sled.

How was the smoke flavor? I've heard his stuff is generally pretty mild across the board. The ribs look dark-- hard to tell from the photo, but were they lighter in color in person?

Any idea what he was pulling out of the Cambros and the (gasp!) Microwave?
My camera phone doesnt take the best pictures. In person they were really attractive not to dark as the picture shows. The pork and briskey could of used a shot of dryrub i sauced them. In the cambro is where he keeps the ribs pork and brisket.The top one was filled with ribs and like most places he finishes them off with a glaze on the grill. From his smile im assuming the microwave was goof when questioned.

Thanks for the heads up just sent this to your buddy Nick and I'll tell Robert about it too:biggrin:

Man.. you sure get around NYC for BBQ for a guy with a bad back.

I remember the clip they had on Food Network with the Guy Fieri.

Back